Multiplexed or not?

Anything related to the 206CC
Rubyoptics

Multiplexed or not?

Post by Rubyoptics »

I'm trying to identify if Lizzie is multiplexed or not. Over on 206info there is a post saying to look at the stereo remote stalk to help with identification. This would be great..... if I had one at all :rotfl:

Can anyone help me out? It's a 2003 2.0 . can supply vin if that would help give a definitive answer.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

IanL

Re: Multiplexed or not?

Post by IanL »

2003 sounds like multiplexed - my daughter's 2001 (Dec) hatch is multiplexed. If you quote the last eight digits of your VIN, I can look it up.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Rubyoptics wrote:I'm trying to identify if Lizzie is multiplexed or not. Over on 206info there is a post saying to look at the stereo remote stalk to help with identification. This would be great..... if I had one at all :rotfl:

Can anyone help me out? It's a 2003 2.0 . can supply vin if that would help give a definitive answer.
1) Airbag is a clip on unit so holes in back of steering wheel are rectangular (non-plex are round)
2) Radio does not have a seperate screen and is rectangular (but that only applies to original fitment). Older radios were slanted at sides and you need a dash adaptor to install an off-the-shelf unit
3) Stereo remote is flat and wide rather than a long thin stalk but as you don't have one that's not going to help unless we can tell from the hole in the column surround. Pretty sure the steering column controls are also a different style/shape.
4) MFD unit (on top of dash) only has three illumination bulbs (older have four)

Pretty sure 2003 will be Multiplex but cars get built and not registered for long periods and different countries got different models (using up old stock sometimes!)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

IanL - That is a very kind offer and one I will take you up on if you don't mind. My VIN is VF32DRFNF42451866. People both here and on 206info have been really helpful in trying to identify this but a definitive answer would be fantastic - thank you very much indeed!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

IanL

Post by IanL »

According to the Service Box, your vehicle is multiplexed, but it is a 2002 1.6, not a 2003 2.0! It was built 19/4/2002 and warranty started 28/6/02.

Would you like to check the last eight digits of the VIN again, as i have never found the Service Box to be wrong (I suppose there is always the possibility of a first time)?

It is supposed to have a remote radio control.

As a check on the engine size, the 1.6 has the inlet manifold to the rear of the engine compartment , whereas the 2.0 has it at the front.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Man, IanL i'm so sorry! You are indeed correct that the last digits are wrong, please find the correct number here > VF32DRFNF42451806

IanL

Post by IanL »

That's better. Right year and engine.

You are multiplexed, and you should have a remote control stalk for radio.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I think the remote stalk is missing as the car had a non-Peugeot head unit.

It did sound multiplexed ... Rubyoptics is on 206info too .. :-)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Thanks IanL for taking the time to check this not just once, but twice!! Gazza, the car came fitted with a standard head unit as i have it sitting in my garage! I can see on the column where the stalk would be fitted, but the blanking piece looks factory to me and certainly doesn't look as if it has ever been removed or replaced I'll try to get a pic up, however that is one mystery i'm not that worried about!