limp mode 1.6hdi

All your other probs if any.
Old Alec

limp mode 1.6hdi

Post by Old Alec »

anybody got a fix for getting out of limp mode?

IanL

Re: limp mode 1.6hdi

Post by IanL »

Large number of possible causes - best thing is to diagnose with Peugeot Planet.

Old Alec

Post by Old Alec »

Thanks Iant, I allowed the oil feed to turbo to get blocked with disastrous results. Awaiting new cartridge. Once I fit it I'll see what happens next!

Martinrushden

Post by Martinrushden »

I would buy a new complete turbo,changing cartridge is easy swap,but if yours is the 110bhp version then it will be a hard job to set it up due to the vanes,it will give you boost problems and lack of performance(i had a focus 110bhp and had to replace turbo after a week of buying it).
you will also need to do the following,change oil feed pipe for new type,oil pick up strainer,oil flush,along with several oil and filter changes and if dpf fitted a regen to clear dpf.
206cc 2.0i allure 53plate.

Old Alec

Post by Old Alec »

Thanks Martinrushden, as it happens, a local pug mechanic stopped me just in time. The cc is currently having exactly what you said at great expense, and it's being done by a pug-trained mechanic who I trust. The problem is all my fault- nothing short of neglect-shame on me!

Martinrushden

Post by Martinrushden »

I know its an expensive job,but done right 1st time will save you money in the future,for what its worth buy a few 5ltr cans of oil and a few oil filters and change oil every month to get rid off any loose carbon build up thats in the engine still.
206cc 2.0i allure 53plate.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I would agree with Martin. Plenty of oil changes. If you follow PSA's turbo replacement bulletin, it lists quite a few oil changes.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.