Getting a new tail light

Anything related to the 206CC
frogging3

Getting a new tail light

Post by frogging3 »

Hey,

While parking tight my car started to beep so looking around it I noticed one tail light is really loose. I must've slightly touched the wall but no other damage, weird!
It seems like a pin that sits on some kind of a sensor on the inside is broken. Not sure.

Anyway I'll probably need a new tail light. I came across this post - (on the site) /viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12439
from 2010 saying any 206cc taillight will fit. Is this still the case? And any recommedations for a new pair of tailights on Ebay?

My car: 2003 peugeot 206cc auto 1.6

Thanks.

gazza82

Re: Getting a new tail light

Post by gazza82 »

the CC has slightly different lamp to the hatchback so as long as it is a CC light it should fit. It's the black plastic rain shield that is different .. smaller on CC.

There is no sensor in the lamp unit .. so whatever you have done it may now be causing a wiring fault which the BSI unit objects to.

There are actually TWO styles: the earlier one that looks like two halves and the more modern "crystal" lamp unit which is more distinctive and I think better looking .. I've actually got a pair of the later ones in the garage we took of Kermit before we sold it. I should sell them .. :-)

Early:
rear_lamp_early.jpg
Later:
rear_lamp_later.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

This is misleading .. these clusters will NOT fit a CC!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-206- ... Sw3gJZGqaM
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

frogging3

Post by frogging3 »

Thanks.

If there's no sensor the sound must've been just an open door or something, then it wasn't me who broke it after all... I did have to park in a shady part of the neighborhood for the night.

If you're up to ship internationally let me know :)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Where are you?