Some advice please?

Anything related to the 206CC
Rubyoptics

Some advice please?

Post by Rubyoptics »

Hi all,

As i said in my introduction post, i'm strongly considering purchasing a CC. Before I take the plunge however, I was wondering if you folks could offer me a bit of informed advice!

1 - How much of a premium should I pay over a base model (condition etc being equal ) for a 'special edition' such as the Roland Garros?

2 - Would anyone be able to supply the link for the service manual? I have downloaded the owners manual from a link here (thank you very much!) but can't seem to find the link for the service manual?

3 - How easy is it to carry out basic maintenance such as oil and filter changes?

Many thanks for any help or advice you can give me! Also, if you think there is anything else i should know before purchasing (i have read the great buyers guide here on this forum) then I would reatfully accept your advice.

Thanks!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

IanL

Re: Some advice please?

Post by IanL »

There is no official printed service manual, only a database of parts and repair procedures known as the Service Box, and wiring diagrams known as the SEDRE. They are comprehensive and cover all models. Best obtained here.

Scroll down to the priced list - do not click the blue boxes. It does not matter which model you click - you get the full database for all models listed.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Thank you so much, that's really helpful!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I did post a buyer guide on here that you might want to look at.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

Yes thank you I did read it and it was very helpful.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

So...I took the plunge and am now the very proud owner of a mint 2003 2.0 206 cc! Previous owner was a very careful father who bought it for his son, so Bluetooth hands-free stereo fitted, new rest suspension, new brakes and pads, new race clutch, new gearbox etc etc etc! Also in electric blue which looks fantastic! Winter tyres ordered and having a blast! Thanks all for this great store of knowledge which helped so much with making my choice.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Congrats :)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Well done.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.