Another new member...

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
jomac_uk

Another new member...

Post by jomac_uk »

I found what i think wa an absolute bargain in autotrader, a 206cc 04 plate, clean condition inside and out, 79,000 miles with MOT until end of feb 2018 for just £375..!!

It has however come with a fault, where the roof wont work and the system is beeping to say there is an error. Being an electronics engineer, i had a good probe when i got home and i 'think' ive located the problem. What i am searching for is 2 things. An electrical diagram, and a sequence of what should happen, both opening and closing, can anyone help?

Stevem

Re: Another new member...

Post by Stevem »

Have a look in the repair guide section on the front page of the site, think most of what you need is in there, have you checked that the hydraulic fluid id topped up in the roof pump ? or it could just be one of the roof micro switches not working properly, the guys on here normally seem to advise spraying them with some sort of electrical contact cleaning fluid before you start taking things apart !

jomac_uk

Re: Another new member...

Post by jomac_uk »

Hi Stevem, although ive no experience of these roof mechanisms, i am an electronics engineer. The seller showed me how to put the roof up and down manually, (most of which i forgot when i got home..!) I was having a play tonight, and i noticed the 'door style' catch on each side of the boot lid where the small swivel catch is, had a microswitch that clicked when the catch was locked down, i noticed this first on the drivers side, i couldnt hear the same on the passenger side, although i could see wires going to the lock/catch on both sides. I will investigate further in the morning, and i feel confident there is at least ONE issue ive found.

I'm very familiar with micro's and ECU's etc, i was hoping to find a proper sequence or flow chart as to what should happen and when, to make fault tracing easier.