Boot switch

All your roof problems here.
Kelly contina

Boot switch

Post by Kelly contina »

Hi guys so my hubby got so fed up of seeing my miserable face he booked me in a garage to do a diagnostics it has come back the boot lock doesn't think the boot is locked, or closed as such, any ideas on how difficult this is to rectify I'm just sat waiting for a price on a part, but not looking forward to the price? How can I check online? Anyone else had this problem and sorted it out themselves???

GrandadMonkey

Re: Boot switch

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Did you manually lock the boot before the diagnostics check? The boot only locks when you lock the whole car using the remote control, or when you manually lock it using the key in the lock. Normally if the car is unlocked the boot will be unlocked too.

If, on the other hand the car doesn't think the boot is closed it is often just a matter of adjustment. There are posts on the subject on this forum which you might wish to search out and read before going to the expense of a new lock mechanism.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

No idea what the garage did to the boot etc but don't think it was just because the car said the boot wasn't locked, it thinks the boot is still open, maybe I explained it wrong, it's to do with the boot catch microswitch, I haven't had an enormous expense as luckily my uncle rents a compound out to a scrap merchant who has lots of 206cc in at the moment, he coming to fit another tomorrow hopefully it will be the end to the problem.... Please say a prayer and cross your fingers for me x

Claudia cc

Post by Claudia cc »

Hi Kelly, i've had a similar problem, but mine thought the boot was shut all the while, no indicator on dash, no boot light on when boot open, after looking for ages it was the microswitch (it was a double one) i guess 1 for boot open/shut & 1 for light to come on. The whole switch had dropped out, fiddled about with it & got the two slit pins back in to hold it in place, all works as it should now...
Hope this may help..

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Thanks claudia, she has died so I've given up on her and brought a younger sister with everything in working order :)