Installed stalk adaptor, now the head unit loses memory

Audio Equipment, installs & Recommendations.....
Stevem

Installed stalk adaptor, now the head unit loses memory

Post by Stevem »

So I've successfully installed the stalk adaptor on my Sony head unit, however it is now not storing the memory settings, I know you need to switch some wires around but do I do this on the adaptor or on the harness that connects it to the head unit, looking at the iso diagrams online it looks like postion 4 and 7 that need to switch ?

e

Stevem

Re: Installed stalk adaptor, now the head unit loses memory

Post by Stevem »

ok do further to the above, I've tried switching the red and yellow wires but still get the same result with the memory, so I tried a couple of other wires, I can get it so that the unit doesn't turn off at all or so that it does but the memory doesn't work , can anyone help me solve this mystery please ?

Free

Post by Free »

Its usually red and Yello that needs switching/crossing. I dont know what diagram you are refering to...

Free
2001 206cc 2.0L RFN EW10J4

Stevem

Post by Stevem »

free, I had a look at the standard ISO wiring diagrams and pictures online, I've switched the red and yellow wires but still get the same result, I'm totally stumped and close to giving up as nothing seems to work.

If anyone in Bristol is a whiz with car electrics I'd really appreciate some help with this one!!

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

If you take the stalk adapter off, does it save the memory? I'd assume the adapter is wrong if it does.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Stevem

Post by Stevem »

Yes it goes Gazza, I'm sure its the right adapter as all the functions work on it, just don't seem to have a constant live feed through it to keep the memory, I'm thinking it maybe better to take a live feed off the hazard lights, bypassing the adapter and connecting direct to the constant into the unit, would this work ??

IanL

Post by IanL »

That will be fine, as long as the current drain does not overload the fuse, which does not seem likely.

Stevem

Post by Stevem »

Success, so took another look tonight , was about to give up and decided to switch some wires around on the new stalk control unit, landed up bypassing the iso with the power leads and running them into the existing wiring into the head unit, hey presto stalk works and the head unit keeps its settings !!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done Steve!
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)