Newbie with a question

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
MISTAPEACH

Newbie with a question

Post by MISTAPEACH »

Hi everyone a newbie from Norfolk here.
I have a question regarding the TPS on my 2001 206cc 1.6 petrol.I have to replace the TPS and the part number on the case is V22720094 the question is do I need to order this exact part number or is there an alternative as the ones for sale on EBAY give you several aftermarket numbers.Just making sure I don't order one for £85 when I could get one for £35

gazza82

Re: Newbie with a question

Post by gazza82 »

That's not a Peugeot part number ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

MISTAPEACH

Post by MISTAPEACH »

I understand this is not a Peugeot number which is why I was hoping someone could give me the number I need. have an aftermarket part fitted and need to replace can I replace with aftermarket or have I got to go original

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Easiest way to get a part number is to call a Peugeot or Citroen dealer and ask their parts dept. They can trace it to the VIN and/or Parts Number of your car. Or you could sign up for Peugeot's on-line ServiceBox and look yourself but they do have options so it is sometimes hard to distinguish which one you need.

Then you can decide whether to get a dealer part or go aftermarket. PSA are sometimes cheaper than fleabay for parts!!

It is possible that the same company makes them for PSA which is why you have that part number on yours. It doesn't mean it has been changed before or it could have been and it's failed again as it's poor quality. (Buy cheap, buy twice!)

Question though: who told you you need a new throttle position sensor? Has it been diagnosed ie code reader?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

MISTAPEACH

Post by MISTAPEACH »

Yes code reader says throttle position sensor

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Being a Peugeot code readers don't always return the right codes ... do you know what system was used?

MISTAPEACH

Post by MISTAPEACH »

It was just one of the sealey plug in ones it will run if you reset the code until you turn the engine off then the engine management light comes on and it wont rev over 2000