Bulb Recommendations

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
Robbo62

Bulb Recommendations

Post by Robbo62 »

Hi Guys,

Have just bought a 2001 1.6 petrol 206 CC as a bit of a project for when the sun returns!

I am starting slowly and wanted to simply update the bulbs for best brightness etc., not really interested in LED's having read lots of the older other threads (Do they still require load balancing?)

Any recommendations on what to look for or decent UK suppliers to save me hours trawling through "ThievesBay"?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks
2001 plate - Petrol 1.6 S

martyrox

Re: Bulb Recommendations

Post by martyrox »

Hi Robbo,
Good question, I also wasn't over impressed with brightness of the standard bulbs. My local friendly garage supplied me with Lucas + 120% light booster xenon upgrade H7 bulbs @ £18 per pair. Just use in place of existing bulbs, no balancing or wiring required. You'll be impressed with the results for main and dipped beam. Good luck,
Martin

Robbo62

Post by Robbo62 »

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely check that option out!

Cheers mate..
2001 plate - Petrol 1.6 S

Artermis

Post by Artermis »

If it's headlamp bulbs you're after then avoid eBay completely. Far too many cheap crappy chinese parts on there that'll be about as useful as a candle in a hurricane. eBay also suffers with significant fakery of otherwise good named brands.

Head over to somewhere like auto bulbs direct or HIDs4U on this here interwebs and you'll pick up some good honest branded lamps with good output, such as those Martin identifies.

I'd steer away from HID or LED conversion and plumb for some good branded replacement lamps and you'll not really go wrong.
Ben. 2006 1.6 HDi Allure

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo