New member from Norway

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
Free

New member from Norway

Post by Free »

Last year i bought a 2003 1.6l 206cc and used it a few months while fixing it up for my son, the car had been in Storage from 2012 With a fault in the roof mecanism. i enjoyed driving the little "gocart" and bought my own 2001 2.0l this month. forums like this are useful to me, time to join now.

On my sons 1.6l i have replaced brakedisks and overhauled calippers, replaced wire to boot locking mecanism and a microswitch , glued two other microswitches and done a BSI reset. i have also had it at Peugeot dealer for replacing and programing 2 button key, that was an expensive affair. its now at 80.000 Km and only fault is the ABS light comming on sometimes.

My 2.0l was wery cheap and a bit of a project for me but i hope to get some good fun out of it soon. It has run 116.000 Km and service was long overdue when i got it. I gave it a longlife service, full C service exept changing sparkplugs. I got a New one button key casing and managed to programe it to the Central locking only to find out that the lock is bouncing so i replaced the driver door locking mecanism today. :thumbs:
Issues to adress are: rattle in exhaust system, repaced by previus owner but knocking into left rear shock. changing rear lamda sensor and front left ABS ring.I have no garage and trying to get under the car makes me feel fat so im waiting for inspiration and maybe good wether to sort these Things out.
There are some strange sounds when i turn hard, both ways, and one of the rear brake discs are a little rusty but il wait for the MOT results before putting effort into this. My greatest worry is the timingbelt, it vas changed at 40.000Km in 2008 so i guess its due now, not sure if i want to do this job on my own, and its an expensive job to do at the Peugeot mecanic.

Im from Norway and my english will come to short sometimes, im sorry .

Free
2001 206cc 2.0L RFN EW10J4

IanL

Re: New member from Norway

Post by IanL »

The sounds when turning could be the CV joints on the driveshafts.

The cambelt is 8 years old and, whatever it costs is a small amount compared to what it will cost if it breaks.

The procedure for DIY is here.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Welcome to the forum Free
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Free

Post by Free »

IanL wrote:The sounds when turning could be the CV joints on the driveshafts.

The cambelt is 8 years old and, whatever it costs is a small amount compared to what it will cost if it breaks.
Im not sure the CV joints are good but i suspect i have some other issues in the front aswell...

will look into DYI procedyre ...Pud dealer wants £1000, 5 hour job, im guessing twise that minimum to do om my own

Free

Post by Free »

GrandadMonkey wrote:Welcome to the forum Free
Thanks !
Have been a reed only visitor fore some time now, great forum :)