Headlights & tail lights replacements

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
Piyas

Headlights & tail lights replacements

Post by Piyas »

Hi,

I was thinking of changing my lights with blurry lenses. needed info on below.

1. Are all the 206 hatchback headlights and tail lights same as the 206cc models? Are they compatible?

2. As for the morettes and angel eyes headlights, are there specific models only compatible for the cc models?
206cc 1.6 16V Petrol
Al4 Transmission

gazza82

Re: Headlights & tail lights replacements

Post by gazza82 »

Piyas wrote:Hi,

I was thinking of changing my lights with blurry lenses. needed info on below.

1. Are all the 206 hatchback headlights and tail lights same as the 206cc models? Are they compatible?
No, not rears. The splash guard on the CC is much smaller so are not swappable. If you are careful you can remove the black plastic shields and swap them from your old lights. They are held on with melted down plastic pins. I had to do that when one on my new rear light units got damaged in transit ..
Piyas wrote:2. As for the morettes and angel eyes headlights, are there specific models only compatible for the cc models?
Front lights are the same fittings across the 206 range. BUT!!! You have to make sure they use the same connectors as yours or find/make adaptor cables.

Odd though as I thought ALL CCs had crystal twin H7 lamp units??

Some of these after-market lights have the older H4 connector. If you have the older style lights you will have H4 connectors on the car for one bulb, so you won't fit twin-bulb crystal headlights without work! I know, I had to do that when I fitted them to our 1.4hdi.

And remember, get the correct RHD or LHD units! They aren't usually switchable!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Piyas

Post by Piyas »

So for the rear, only the black plastic splash guard only needs to be replaced, but the outer lens cover are the same?

As for the headlights, they all have the save size and shape, only the wiring needs to be reconfigured?

Can you explain further what's the different between the left hand drive lights as compared to the right hand ones?
206cc 1.6 16V Petrol
Al4 Transmission

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

RHD cars dip to the left, and LHD to the right. There will be a small arrow somewhere on the unit denoting direction of dip
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Piyas

Post by Piyas »

what dips, the direction of the actual lights?
206cc 1.6 16V Petrol
Al4 Transmission

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

The beam pattern looks like this for UK (RHD)

The "kick up" you see on the top left is to illuminate road signs and pedestrians but would dazzle oncoming traffic if car was being driven on the right hand side of the road.
LHD cars are set up so the beam pattern is a mirror image of above

Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Piyas

Post by Piyas »

Oh, so i cannot just buy from guys in the uk who are breaking their pugs whose selling as spares, as my cc is a left hand drive. Are the dips fixed, not like the up-down tilt adjustment of the cc headlights?
206cc 1.6 16V Petrol
Al4 Transmission

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Dip is controlled by the reflector. Up and down controls are just when the rear end is loaded up and suspension is sagging!

Would help if you added you location to your profile.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Piyas. Depending where you are in the world you may have problems. In the UK, we have an annual MOT test, which is a test of road worthiness. One of the many things tested is the beam pattern & aim, and my top illustration is from the testers manual. A car can fail if there is no beam pattern- usually caused by incorrectly fitted bulb that produces a "splash" of light similar to the spotlight beam above, (like a torch would) with no kick up and cut off. The aim has to be correct too, so the beam pattern mustn't be too high or too low, or too far left or right.

If you have such a test, then it would fail with UK lights fitted. My Corvette is a LHD and I have to have UK spec lights (RHD) fitted to that.

Even if you don't have such a test, then it would still be inconsiderate to other drivers to have the dip beam the wrong way.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I have heard there are some-not-so-honest fleabay sellers supplying LHD lights in the UK .. LED units are the main source of problems. No E marks, etc ...

Piyas

Post by Piyas »

Sorry, we use LHD here in the Philippines. No MOT and not too strict on road worthiness. LOL
206cc 1.6 16V Petrol
Al4 Transmission

Piyas

Post by Piyas »

If the stock crystal headlights dips can be controlled by the reflectors, does the morrettes and angel eyes also have dips?
206cc 1.6 16V Petrol
Al4 Transmission

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

All have main and dip
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)