Radiator fan...

All your other probs if any.
chris57

Radiator fan...

Post by chris57 »

Hi, whilst checking the cooling system today we noticed that the fan didn't switch on. I have no idea if it ever has! The temperature has never, to my knowledge exceeded 90.

Also, how the Hell are you supposed to know when you've topped up the header tank properly? You can't see the stupid thing!

Cheers,
Chris

Capncol

Re: Radiator fan...

Post by Capncol »

#1 Fan cuts in around 100deg
#2 Max & Min marks are on outside of the tank, Just fill to the max mark
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Slo

Post by Slo »

Regarding point 2 I think Chris is referring to the fact that you cant see the level through the plastic bottle to know when its at the max level, had wondered this myself so always had it filled to the cap.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Should be translucet plastic, so should be able to see through the side.
Could always use a piece of wood as a dipstick if you can't see through it
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

chris57

Post by chris57 »

Thanks for the fan info. I haven't seen 100 degrees on my gauge yet, thank Heavens.

My tank isn't, and I'm sure never was, clear. It is a solid opaque pale cream. The route in to the water volume is so convoluted that you can't see the water level till it's way too high or persuade a bit of wood round all the twists and turns. I know these things are French but this header tank is more bonkers than the worst Citroen could ever throw at us.
If it has a Max. level surely that shouldn't be exceeded by much?

Cheers,
Chris

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Eh? You sure you're looking at the right thing?
It looks like this,,,, No twists & Turns or convolutions,,,,You sure you're not looking at the screenwash tank?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Slo

Post by Slo »

Must have the 2.0 bottle same as me, you cant see the water level through the bottle as its not translucent like the 1.6 version above and you can only see the water level inside the neck part too :mad:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

chris57

Post by chris57 »

That's the one, Slo.
It's a 2 Litre car.

Chris