Crash sensors

Electrical 206CC problems
WEE SMURF

Crash sensors

Post by WEE SMURF »

Does anyone know the location of the crash sensors on a 206CC 1.6?, I have read that some models may have their sensors located within the Airbag control module itself, most information i can glean from the net however states the the crash sensors on a 206 are located at various locations on the car, but I cant find any details as to to where!, anyone help?.

Capncol

Re: Crash sensors

Post by Capncol »

Got a feeling they are in the B posts, but not sure as never had to change them. Might be more info here
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206/
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Possibly for the side airbags Col, but where are the ones for the front airbags, have checked everything behind the front bumper / inner wings etc, nothing apparent.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Slo

Post by Slo »

That's the fuel cut off switch which was deleted from the bsi/mux changeover, the crash detection is in the ecu itself next to the gear stick, the side air bags in the seats are seperate and have a sensor for each in the sill under the carpet.

Front impact will not necessarily set off the seat bags and side impact will not necessarily set off the front bags, or the opposite side as they are not linked apart from the warning system.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

WEE SMURF

Post by WEE SMURF »

Slo wrote: the crash detection is in the ecu itself next to the gear stick, the side air bags in the seats are seperate and have a sensor for each in the sill under the carpet.

Front impact will not necessarily set off the seat bags and side impact will not necessarily set off the front bags, or the opposite side as they are not linked apart from the warning system.
Yep, found that out today mate, I had a suspicion they were within the module due to no sensors anywhere to be seen on the front end. Also can confirm that the Airbag Module is not programmed to each car as I have read on various other sites, I took a module from another CC (same year and engine) and plugged it in, Airbag light went out and stayed out, the original one had a code indicating a fault with the passenger seat airbag, I replaced the complete seat but obviously still had the fault logged, could have had the data cleared but a replacement module from a scrapped but uncrashed CC cured the problem.