Poor Standard of Service (IMHO)

Good or Bad in here.........
Edz_04

Poor Standard of Service (IMHO)

Post by Edz_04 »

Not quite a Peugeot specific post, but I'd like to let folks know about my experience with West Way Nissan in Aldershot.

My Wife has a 2015 1.2 Nissan Qashqai (thank heavens it's a lease vehicle !!!). About 2 months from taking delivery a warning light illuminated, I couldn't see anything wrong so the AA were called out, they couldn't sort it out so the car was recovered to West Way Nissan in Aldershot. They had the thing for over two weeks, and at the end of week one claimed they were having to send their chief mechanic on an advanced diagnostics course to enable them to sort out the as yet unknown problem. When eventually the car was fixed, the explanation was that a software re-load had been required.

Fast forward three weeks and it packs up. AA called out and they spot the battery terminals haven't been tightened...

A month ago it packed up again and recovered to West Way Nissan who claimed they didn't know when they would even be able to look at it as 'they were busy'. They had the thing for two weeks, eventually we got a call letting us know it was sorted, and they'd also done the annual service. Wife and I arrived at customer service and I enquired what the problem had been, the chap didn't know (or should I say he couldn't make sense of the workshop report in his hand). Kindly, he summoned a mechanic who he new had worked on the car 'please explain to the customer what the problem was' says customer services chap, and hands mechanic the report. Mechanic scans the report and replies 'dunno, we reloaded the software and it seems OK now...'.

The next weekend I opened the bonnet to check the washer fluid and oil (that thing drinks) oil. I spotted the dipstick incorrectly fitted (it's handing out of the tube by 1/2") - lucky the engine wasn't covered in oil. The washer bottle required 1 litre of fluid and the radiator expansion bottle fluid level was too low for comfort.

I know the Qashqai is a Nissan / Renault collaboration (the engine has Renault stickers all over the place), and it probably has too much cutting edge technology for its own good - but I'd have hoped for better from a main dealer.

Capncol

Re: Poor Standard of Service (IMHO)

Post by Capncol »

It's only as good as the guy working on your car. I would always go to a good indi
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Edz_04

Post by Edz_04 »

Quite agree Col. Trouble is that as it's a lease car the lease company dictate where it goes, we have no choice. Very 'clever' technology wise - self parking etc. but I suspect a swine to diagnose when things go wrong.

Ed.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Edz_04 wrote: Very 'clever' technology wise - self parking etc. but I suspect a swine to diagnose when things go wrong.

Ed.
Indeed. Not had the pleasure yet!
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.