rear quarter light noise

Anything related to the 206CC
Kirisute

rear quarter light noise

Post by Kirisute »

minor issue with the new toy:
over a harsh bump, roof down, the passenger side rear quarter light slaps against the main sude window causing a loud crack!
sounds really loud and its annoying
I've checked the fitting and its closes flush; no leaks etc
but the vertical rubberised strip seems very hard and tough compared to the drivers side.
can that be replaced? or any other solutions?

iooiuk

Re: rear quarter light noise

Post by iooiuk »

Option 1 > Drive with the windows down.
Option 2 > I got some velco strip and stuck the soft side to the rubber strip, as mine is not such a good fit. Made it a nice snug fit and sealed a treat.

Kirisute

Post by Kirisute »

That's is EXACTLY what I did this morning! LOL
just put a 2 inch strip in the slight recess of the upper part of the window rubber...not right to the top

have you had any issue with leakage at that point?
ive not tested roof down with the fix yet; its been raining all day! LOL

iooiuk

Post by iooiuk »

No leakage in the 2 months I have had the car. Despite the best our weather has thrown at it.

I actually prefer windows down when the roof is down. Then again coming from a m/bike I'm well used to wind :)

Kirisute

Post by Kirisute »

the missus has a Micra CC and it automatically raises the windows; so guess I've gotten used to it riding in hers!
Ill just have to drive top down more often to test thoroughly!
oh the hardship of it all! lol

hawnet

Post by hawnet »

Mine does that too on the near side only, I am trying to ignor it and avoid big holes and bumps in the road :O)
2005, 206cc, silver, allure.

Kirisute

Post by Kirisute »

its a tough to ignore though, right?
when it finally stops raining I will let you know if the "quick fix" has resolved the issue.
checked for leaks this morning and noticed a drip or two inside at the bottom of the quaterlight; but they don't seem to be coming from the area of the fix. and I don't see how they could do because the fix should increase pressure pushing inwards rather than away from the rubber seals.
and to be fair; we have had some of the crappest weather for a long time; so im not even sure if the leak was present before the fix.
There was a tiny bit of moisture on the inside of the Velcro but it hadnt run or dripped anywhere from what I could see.

hawnet

Post by hawnet »

Sounds like you may have a fix?

Kirisute

Post by Kirisute »

ive driven it a fair few miles now with the top down and not had the harsh crack of the windows yet.
there were two tiny drops inside on that side after the heavy rain yesterday but im 99.9% sure they are not linked to the "fix" because I couldn't trace any wetness back around that area.

all I can suggest is you give it a try. I don't think its a permanent fix but it certainly appears to have helped. and lets face it, a pack of Velcro is gonna be significantly cheaper than pretty much anything else! even if you replace it once every couple of months!

hawnet

Post by hawnet »

Nice one, I will give it a try.