Gear Knob

hints'n'tip plus products.
mark b

Post by mark b »

How the hell do I get my gearknob off? No matter how hard I twist it I can't budge it. Its all scratched an I need to replace it.
"Any time your feeling down, remember tomorrow is another day, keep ya head up, stick ya chest out, and handle it" - Tupac
"I never said that I would change the World...but I'm damn sure I'll spark the mind that changes the World."

Black 206cc, Lowered, 17's, Mesh Grill, ICE Upgrade, Full Leather

reap

Post by reap »

turn it 90 degrees to left. then pull straight up until you feel your kidneys give in. it WILL be tight. :)

mark b

Post by mark b »

Still canrt budge the swine! had sandpaper wrapped round it for extra grip too...:firedevil:
"Any time your feeling down, remember tomorrow is another day, keep ya head up, stick ya chest out, and handle it" - Tupac
"I never said that I would change the World...but I'm damn sure I'll spark the mind that changes the World."

Dabz

Post by Dabz »

i still can't get mine off either!

reap

Post by reap »

you gotta tuck like a grown up.lol
when you feel the turtle neck,then you know it nearly bout to pull off. :)

mark b

Post by mark b »

STILL NO BLOODY JOY, FELT THE TURTLE NECK AND ALL THAT HAPENED IS I NEARLY CACKED ME PANTS!!!

looks like i'm gonna have to stick with the scratches!!!:firedevil:

Jabba

Post by Jabba »

ok, this might sound a bit girly, but try warming it with a hairdryer, the heat might loosen it a bit? You never know it might work!

Monstaswifey

Post by Monstaswifey »

I have just bought my 1st gorgeous 206cc :lol2: and the chrome gear knob is scratched to pieces so does anyone know where I can get a new one as the ones on ebay are horrid and just want a simple plain chrome one like I have.

I also want chrome roll bars for the back and some nice interior mats?

Did you guys get the gear knob off in the end?

:love-thx:
Monstaswifey ;-)

Moonstone Black 206cc called Chav-La
Black n red leather interior

SamLeigh

Re: Gear Knob

Post by SamLeigh »

I need to get mine off too :(
Burgundy 206CC 02

SamLeigh

Post by SamLeigh »

I tried everything else you guys mentioned and the knob came off but I ended up cutting the black plastic off with a hand saw. I used multi grips to break the white plastic apart that was underneath and I dont think it was just that I wasnt strong enough cus Im a girl, I had to pretty much smash it all up to get it off, maybe someone glued it? It looks much better than the old one that was all scratched :D
Pugs Gear Stick.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Burgundy 206CC 02

MrCreasybear

Post by MrCreasybear »

The knob is on a key and the easiest way to seperate the knob is to gently lever from side to side from the base of the gear knob with a blunt wood chisel or broad flat head screwdriver this leaves the black rubber stop which is also on a key if you are changing like for like the new one will just push on if you need to get through rubber stop off cut it down one side and it will peel away