is it just my 206cc??

Any problems assoicated with leaks
motorgam2009

is it just my 206cc??

Post by motorgam2009 »

hi people,
sounds really stupid
I have owned this car for several months now and it has always done this problem.
I will always drive with windows down even in rain they are slightly open has anyone else had problem with raining dripping through the window into the door card holders.
I was just wondering if it just my car that does it or someone else has noticed
cheers
grant

Luditus

Re: is it just my 206cc??

Post by Luditus »

I always drive with driver's window down (something to do with being able to make hand signals), and yes, the 206cc gives me a real drenching in the rain. Now, I've always driven ragtops, which always had a legitimate excuse for allowing the elements to permeate a little, and was quite surprised that an engineered removable hardtop was so lacking in one of the fundamentals of any roof design - to keep the rain off. Nearly all cars prior to 1980 had a thing on the roof called a "gutter", in fact my house has them too, these did and do work. Are there any retrofit mod kits out there?

Karrot

Post by Karrot »

This is a design feature of the vehicle. the idea being that a good solid drenching keeps the driver alert and angry, thus allowing them to drive much more safely and react to situations more rapidly.

You also look totally cool driving in speedos and goggles. :D Every one knows that!

In seriousness, no, there's not retro fit that I know of. Its annoying as mine lovingly soaks my seat just before I get in on wet mornings.

K
As long as water isn't falling out of the sky, the roof can be down.

lellykins

Post by lellykins »

mine also does the same thing - lovely!!

Had my 206 for just over 2 years and its always done this but only on the drivers side window?! Back a few months though I noticed a puddle on the rear drivers seat where its now starting to leak through there... any ideas on how to get this fixed??

K
206cc 2.0ltr Sport - My Baby :D

83k miles, Petrol engine, registered 2002 (52)

Karrot

Post by Karrot »

This is very likely either the rear/mid section seal or the join at the hinge or hinge itself.

1. Open the roof, open the boot and grease the rubber seals with silicone grease
2. With the roof closed and windows open, check the rubber seals around the top of the windows, they should be stuck and secure to the metal work. If the rubber separates from the metalwork water will ingress and will drip from the actual hinge over the rear seat. This can be cured with a little silicone seal.

HTH

Karrot
As long as water isn't falling out of the sky, the roof can be down.