photo's or video's of tasks/repairs etc.

Do you have a suggestion for the site, wish to leave feedback - do it here.
oggy30

photo's or video's of tasks/repairs etc.

Post by oggy30 »

Haynes has let those of us down, that own a 206 1.6 16v & other pug related issues. Sometimes a picture or video, says a thousand words. For me I sometimes struggle bad trying to find certain parts or procedures that I need to do on cheeky charlie-the car. I would be willing to help with this too. We could in theory make our own online manual!! The thing is, certain mods or bypasses can be made before we buy the car & it makes life damn hard trying to work out what needs to be done/changed etc. Let me know what you think & if this would be possible. OR if it already exists & I just aint found it!!!!
206 cc 1.6 16v black 02 plate. Aka-cheeky charlie.

Capncol

Re: photo's or video's of tasks/repairs etc.

Post by Capncol »

Loads of info here http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206/ and there are also few stickies on the forums covering various things.
Please feel free to contribute if you have something to share.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I bought a Peugeot 207 manual as well as the 206 as the some of the 207s use the 1.6 16v engine. That version is covered in there.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

oggy30

Post by oggy30 »

Thank you good sirs. Yep I do intend to photo some of what I've done. There are some clever touches to this car. OK, so an update to the temperature prob. I've done as suggested & fitted a new thermostat. Flushed out the rusty looking rubbish in the cooling system. Drained the oil & replaced the filter. Checked the plugs. Checked other fluid levels & now waiting for the new oil to be delivered. Thanks Grandadmonkey for the tip on the manual & to capncol for the link. Oil should arrive tomw, so it'll be test time after that. I'll let ya know what happens.
206 cc 1.6 16v black 02 plate. Aka-cheeky charlie.