REMOVING AND REPLACING THE TAILGATE STRUTS ON THE 206CC

All your other probs if any.
Thar

REMOVING AND REPLACING THE TAILGATE STRUTS ON THE 206CC

Post by Thar »

As this is being asked more often, I thought I'd sticky the procedure. Replacement gas struts can be sourced fairly cheaply from your local dealer or any parts shop and cost from £13-£22 each.

This is a fairly easy repair to do, the most important thing is you need to secure the boot lid whilst performing the procedure and may need assistance in holding the boot open while the struts are replaced. Lower the roof before commencing.

-

1. Remove the back seats. There are 2 bolts holding each side of the bottom of the seat in place. You may need a socket set extension wotsit to access the bolts at the back of the seat. The seat backs will then clip out of position
2. Remove the side trim adjacent to the seats - it helps to have the roof down so you can remove the top bit easier
3. Remove the seatbelt - the inspection hatch you need is just behind this so you should be able to see the bottom of the strut
4. Prop open the tailgate
5. You might need to get someone to open the tailgate to its full extent while you pop the old strut out of position.
6. Put the new strut on, bottom end first, then get someone to open the tailgate to its full extent while you pop the top part into position.
7. Repeat on other side
8. Put it all back together again!

The repair guide also gives shows diagrams of the procedure here.

Credit to She-Ra who originally posted the procedure.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

InkyAl

Re: REMOVING AND REPLACING THE TAILGATE STRUTS ON THE 206CC

Post by InkyAl »

Thanks! Just what I needed :)

I have just discovered, by lifting the boot of someone elses Peugeout 206cc, that they don't all weigh a ton! Another part to change......
Inky Al

206cc 1.6l 2002 in moonstone. (For fun, work, everything!)