206cc won't start!

Electrical 206CC problems
kellymc1983

206cc won't start!

Post by kellymc1983 »

Peugeot 206 cc 1.6 16v quiksilver 54 plate.

My car hasn't been properly for a few weeks. Just a short trip here and there a couple of days. Took it to work and back on wednesday and it was fine. Came to start it up on Thursday morning to go to work again and it wouldn't start. All the instrument panel lights up, stereo, lights, wipers, etc work fine. When i put the key in and turn it to start it, there's a slight ticking sound and that's it.
Waited for the other half to get home from work that evening and he jump started it. Left the engine running for a good half hour and then took it a drive for a further half hour. Thought all was well and i was back up and running... how wrong was i!
Went to go to work this morning and same problem has occured again.

Some work colleagues have suggested that it may be that i need a new battery (hasn't had one in the last 6 1/2 yrs i've owned the car), or that it may be the starter motor, or the alternater?

Since the recent downpours i've noticed that there was rain water leaking from the interior light, could this have caused the problem? I live in Nottinghamshire which was one of the worst areas hit by the storms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before i take it to a garage to get robbed blind by them!

Thanks
Peugeot 206cc 1.6 16v Quiksilver 54 plate

kellymc1983

Re: 206cc won't start!

Post by kellymc1983 »

Should've said properly run at the start of the query!
Peugeot 206cc 1.6 16v Quiksilver 54 plate

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

If the battery is as old as that I'd fit a brand new one. Make sure you get the correct one for the 206cc and follow the correct procedure. Look in your owners manual and on here for battery disconnection/ reconnection procedures.

Ours is an 05 plate and I replaced ours 3 months ago.
See:
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14224
and
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic ... 23&t=14623

If the battery is as old as yours you won't be wasting your money and it should cure it. If by any chance it doesn't there was an issue with starter motors on some cars built in 2004-2005. If yours has that fault then a new starter motor should cure it. Bet you the new battery will cure it though, but as I say get the right one. The battery for the hatchback is different, get the one for the 1.6 206cc.

I doubt that the roof aerial leak caused it but your aerial seal needs attention. Search on the forum for how to deal with that.

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Enright

Post by Enright »

Kelly, I've still got a battery from the CC I recently broke for spares.
It's perfectly ok so could save you a few quid if interested.
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)