Roof won't open no noises,nothing

All your roof problems here.
Jamie1179

Roof won't open no noises,nothing

Post by Jamie1179 »

Hi all I have a 2002 peugeot 206cc it has been great but recently went to take the roof down and it didn't work straight away but then went down, so lovely went out and about got home closed fine however the next day it never worked at all it will not take the windows down or make any beeping noises, just nothing.
So I thought I'd open the shelf in the boot and it makes a beeping noise when I push the button to tell me it's open but when I pull it across again nothing no noise or movement...
Iv changed the fuses to do with the roof but still to no avail is there any one can suggest anything new. Thanks

Capncol

Re: Roof won't open no noises,nothing

Post by Capncol »

Do you get a chime when you unlatch the latches?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Jamie1179

Post by Jamie1179 »

No there's nothing, I'm stumped

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Check the microswitches at the top of the screen.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

Jamie1179

Post by Jamie1179 »

Hi there thanks, where abouts are they placed I've located a few in the boot and checked them.
Would I need to manually open the roof to get to them.
Sorry if I sound dim bikes are more my usual field.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic ... es#p109181

Also search the site for the roof video
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

Jamie1179

Post by Jamie1179 »

Hi there thanks for the link. I've located the two pillar switches and when pushing them the drivers side does not have a clicking sound where as all the other switches do, does this sound like it could be the faulty switch. Contacted peugeot to get a price for the switch alone they want £98. Would you know a better place to get them and have you any idea how to get them out cheers...

bestbass42

Post by bestbass42 »

Jamie did you find out what the problem was???

Dan J.

Post by Dan J. »

Think I (newbie) just got exactly the same problem: No sound when releasing the latches, and if I push the switches with my finger I can get the one on the passenger side to make a "click" sound, but on the driver side it doesn't. Just like yours...

Now I'm, like bestbass42, wondering if a new switch solved your problem, and could you change it yourself or did Peugeot?

large1

Post by large1 »

i had this today the chime stopped working but after the microswitch was pushed in a tiny bit further our windows worked ns roof latch micro switch needs changing here mate

mattau

Post by mattau »

I think a common problem with a lot of these 206ccs is that previous owners haven't used the roof enough! If no clicking sound from microswitches, have a look and see if the pin in the middle of the blue ring is moving in and out. If it is in, try something small and pointy to see if you can release it.
Simple fix in some cases to avoid needing a new microswitch

Thar

Post by Thar »

I think you're right mattau. When I bought my 308, I asked about roof problems and they said just don't be one of these people that only lowers the roof on that one perfect day each year. Fortunately, I'm the opposite and lower the roof at every opportunity!
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D