Spare Tyre Problem - Newbie question

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
Lizzy

Post by Lizzy »

Hi there

just got my little baby and am wondering what people do about not having a spare tyre

(have looked through topics and can't spot one on this subject - apologies if it's been asked before)

ChrisCM

Post by ChrisCM »

Hi,

You should find there is an aerosole in the boot that fills a punctured tyre with gunk which makes it safe to drive to nearest tyre place. If not you can get it off ebay to replace it. Hope this helps (its in a polystyrene case)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hi Lizzy, welcome to the forum, good to have you with us.
Hope you're pleased with your new car.
Like you I was concerned about the lack of a spare. There is no way that I would undertake a long journey without a spare wheel, especially abroad. Aerosols are OK in some situations but won't repair a blowout. We bought a space saver (off eBay) for about £25/30 and it lays conveniently in the boot under the blind. If we need more boot space we just belt it into one of the rear seats. With the windstop no-one can see it and it gives us peace of mind.
Enjoy your summer with your new 206cc.
Best Wishes,
Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Lizzy

Post by Lizzy »

Hello both

many thanks for your replies - very useful and will sort out my problem!

Dan

Post by Dan »

I had a puncture just before I gave the car back... used up two cans of the stuff but it just dribbled out from the puncture like milk, it's totally useless unless its a minor puncture.

By the way, the Holts replacement foam canisters do not fit the box that the old peugeot ones come in, they are too big. If you are going to go with the foam rather than the space saver wheel then put the pug cans in the shed and get a few cans of holts instead.

Just make sure you have some sort of breakdown recovery, I rang them up in the end.
Last edited by Dan on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

knobby

Post by knobby »

only use the foam as a LAST resort as your will have to buy a new tyre £150 :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Someone just told me my car didnt have a spare wheel - I thought they were taking the urine. :Yes:
I am in :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I am going to use the above advice and buy a space saver :thumbs:

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I just went out and checked if there was any of that tyre weld stuff and I cant find any. I looked in the boot, on the right is a velcro strap with nothing attached to it, there is also a large hole behind my registration plate, in it I found some sort of yellow clip at one end and a nut shape the other :scratch::scratch: Nothing under the boot carpet...
I should assume I dont have any?

Thar

Post by Thar »

My tyre weld can is in a grey polystyrene box in the boot of my car. I am in the RAC but I am still considering buying a space saver as I am prone to punctures for some reason. Sounds like yours has been used and not replaced.

Just hope I don't get a puncture as I've only replaced my two front tyres this week!
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

The yellow clip is to remove your plastic covers from your wheel bolts. There should also be a locking wheel nut key, as you won't get your wheels off without it. Very inconvenient.
Ron

tebill

Re: Spare Tyre Problem - Newbie question

Post by tebill »

Hi,I bought what was supposed to be a space saver wheel but it does not fit.It is not big enough to accommodate the front brake caliper.Any tips in identifying the correct one please.Many thanks,Terry.

Thar

Post by Thar »

There are usually a few on Ebay. This is the correct one for the 206cc http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-206-S ... 506wt_1270

I am selling mine, mint condition, never used, tyre still has bobbles on it. It comes with a protective cover and the original Continental tyre.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

Minx

Post by Minx »

Does anyone know if there is storage space for the space saver wheel under the rear of 54 plate 206CC Azzure? I am asking as I can't get down to look under the car just now as recently had RTC on my motorcycle?

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

There is no space under the CC .. there are two structural bars and a box which prevent the wheel from being fitted there. This is why all CCs came with a can of emergency tyre inflater and no spare wheel. A space saver has to go in the boot (completely under the pull-out cover) or behind the front seats.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Ours was permanently belted in behind the driver's seat in a sturdy black refuse bag. I'd pop it in the boot only on the rare occasion that we needed 4 seats in use.
Ron