Paint repair work on Silver Peugeot 206 (2001) 1.6 GLX

Hint'n'tips plus products
Natnewb

Post by Natnewb »

Hi

I am on the verge of buying a peugeot 206 GLX 1.6L which I found on ebay. It's been under warranty all the time so has been well kept apart from a scratch and a chip on the paintwork. The chip is only the size of a 5p piece located near the door handle which goes through to the undercoat. The scratch is 7 inch long on the bonnet which goes through the lacquer only not the paintwork. When I have spoke to garages they are charging between £400-600 to remedy this, saying it's difficlut to colour match and they'll have to respray three panels for everything to match. Seems excessive for such small repairs. However, i tried a mobile paint repair company who do the work on the spot and they said they can do the work easily and can colour match no problem using the paint code which is located inside th car. The cost would be about half the price of that quoted by conventional body spray garages. Does anyone have any experience of using the mobile paint repair companies - if so, do they do a good job?

Many thanks for advice