Roof will not go down at all

All your roof problems here.
cae09

Post by cae09 »

Hi

I bought a 206 cc 52 it had a little damage to passenger side had that sorted.

Now when it came to the roof it will not go down it makes beeping noises but just does not move at all windows don't go down with roof switch but do go down on window switches, came on internet to look up spent hours looking at websites including ths one, found vid of manual up/down roof tried that still not working peugeot quoted a silly amount.

I don't want to go and spent money on micro switched unless anyone really thinks it could be this.....now the white clips on the mechanism only clip into place when boot lent back (don't if that means anything) and the pull cord is not there!!!!!

I am getting really p'd off so anyone please help......getting to a point that I wished I had not bought it.....

Rabuto

Post by Rabuto »

Hi,

Sorry ur not having much luck with your car.

I dont know much but have you made sure the fabric shelf is pulled across in the boot, roof will not operate unless it is.

Windows dont go down with roof button, only go down with roof button when you want to close the roof.

Here is how I open my roof:

Pull fabric shelf across in boot
Have car running
Open all windows
Undo roof clips (you should hear the beep)
Hold roof button until fully opened (again you will hear further beep wen complete)

Closing:
again shelf across in boot & car running
hold roof button, windows will open and roof will close (wait for the beep)
shut roof clips
close windows with window switches.

Hope this helps
Kerry

p.s I am sure there was another post where a guy hadnt opened his roof for 2years, might be worth a search.
Fear is just a feeling, fear cannot kill you!

Leonsmymonkey

Re: Roof will not go down at all

Post by Leonsmymonkey »

Hi did you manage to sort out your roof as im having the same problem windows dont retract with roof button just beeps please Help

buggy

Re: Roof will not go down at all

Post by buggy »

Firstly, have you read the user manual? The side windows do go down with the roof button as part of the roof opening operation. If you are just getting beeps the check ALL the micro switches, the roof ECU will not allow operation unless it is getting the right signals from all the components.
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12920
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-20 ... ab0af3.htm
A few of the many threads related to these issues.

p.s. there is also a search facility on here
Another old git having another mid-life crisis
Owner 478
was '02 2.0 206CC in Black, now MX5 Mk3 in winning blue.
My Avatar is a Pekingese - not a hairy Pug