Boot size, sorry!

Anything related to the 206CC
Kadie

Post by Kadie »

Hi all,

This is really rubbish I know but my sister has just bought a 206cc and I am flying down to visit her in a couple of days with my 3 month old daughter. We would like to bring our pram with us but I'm now not sure if it is going to fit in the boot!

I don't want to mention it to my sister yet as she'll just panic but wondered if any of you would mind measuring the boot size (roof up obviously) to let me know whether my pram (23 inches wide and 37inches long) would fit.

Many many thanks in advance

Kadie x
Last edited by Kadie on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hi Kadie,
Welcome to the forum.
Boot is 44" wide at its widest point, and 24" long at its longest. However the 24" length only extends for a maximum of 36" so I don't think your pram will go in. There are some delicate parts in the boot and the microswitch on the LHS is vulnerable. If broken her roof won't work! Any longer than 36" and the useable length is down to about 21" (17" at its shortest point).
You may get the pram behind the rear seats, either across them or sticking up on one side. Careful not to damage the upholstery though!
Good luck, hope your visit to your sister goes well.
Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Kadie

Post by Kadie »

Hiya,

Thank you so much for doing that for me, my sister is such a worrier i just didn't want to mention it.

By your measurements, would the pram fit in lengthways? You say the boot is 44" wide??

Sorry to be a pest, just don't want to not take it if it could fit, she's rather heavy to be carrying around in a baby carrier the whole week!

x

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

If the pram is 37" x 23" it won't go in the boot. If it was 36" x 23" it would.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)