Double locking door and alarming the car

Electrical 206CC problems
hairy26

Post by hairy26 »

hi,

this is my first post so please go easy on me. My girlfriend has just brought a 52 plate 206cc. If we park the car with the roof down and double lock the door, i can lean over the window and pull the button up and open the door. The alarm does sound but i thought that if you double locked it, no one could open the door from the inside.

Im happy if this is standard but just wanted to know if anyone else can do it.

I think its a bit daft if someone could lean over it, open the door and let the hand brake off. The alarm wont put many people off.

Any feedback would be great.

really nice car to drive by the way and fast,

all the best,

stew
Last edited by hairy26 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

I've moved onto a 207cc but I recall to deadlock don't you press the lock button twice? It's either twice to deadlock, or twice to lock but not deadlock!

Personally though I think you're mad to leave the roof down and unattend the car, better safe than sorry for the half minute it takes to roof-up and you won't get rubbish chucked in the car!
Dave

hairy26

Post by hairy26 »

hi,

thanks for the reply. i know how to double lock the door. Just wondered if everyone could still pull there button up and open the door.
someone told me if you double lock it, you cant open the door from inside but i can on my girlfriends car. how does the alarm switch work on the dash?

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

You shouldn't be able to open the door from t he inside if it's deadlocked, correct. The alarm switch on the dash is I recall just to de-activate the ultrasonic part of the alarm so you can set the alarm (roof up) and leave a window slightly open or something.

I just mentioned the double-push because I know on the 207 you have to double push the lock button to set the deadlocks which is crazy - they ought to be on all the time unless you specifically want them offf.
Dave

hairy26

Post by hairy26 »

hi dave,

when i get out of the car with the roof down, i press the lock button twice. i can hear it locking twice. if i then lean over the car, i can then pull up the button and the door opens. good thing is that the alarm does go off. just worried as i didnt think the doors would open from inside with it doubled locked. but i dont know anyone else with a 206cc to ask.

hows the 207cc by the way?

stew

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

Have you tried just pushing it once? Just in case it deadlocks on the first push and the second de-activates it?

Yep 207cc is spot on to be honest, I loved the 206cc and the 207cc improves lots of things. I'd fault it on the doors being too long making it hard to get in and out if someone parks too close, and the alloys stick out priod of the rubber so are easier to scratch than on the 206cc. The 1.6 THP is more powerful than the 206cc's 2.0L and with lower emissions which will matter in a few years if road tax goes up as much as the piggies plan to rip us off for!
Dave

coop

Post by coop »

HI I BOUGHT MY 51 PLATE ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND HAVE TRIED TO DEADLOCK IT AND THEN PRESS THE ALARM BUTTON ON THE KEY FOB, BUT AFTER ABOUT 3 MINS THE ALARM GOES OFF, HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS. THANKS , BUT LOVE MY CAR X

hairy26

Post by hairy26 »

Hi,

you say you deadlock it then press the alarm button, which alarm button?. There is only lock and unlock on the keyfob. Is this with the roof up or down?

cheers
stew