GTI 180 Conversion

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
Darth Bourj

Post by Darth Bourj »

The rear is different on the cc due to extra chassis strengthening. The exhaust takes up the space for the spare wheel on the 180gti. Hence why both models do not have a spare wheel as standard and why I do not believe the exhaust would fit without some modifications on a cc.

I am not an expert. Just passing on stuff I either know or have been told. So please do not take what I am saying as 100% correct.

Looking back through the comments. I think the brakes are the same on the 1.6cc, 2.0cc and 180gti. So should'nt need upgrading. I believe the 180bhp has the same gearbox as the 138gti and ccse. The only difference is the linkage.

All new 206's have improved bushes on the supension/ steering. But suspension should be your biggest concern if modding your cc. That and tyres in my opinion.
Bourj wants his ORANGE back!!!

WebCode

Post by WebCode »

The brakes on the 180 are different..
The CC runs 266mm discs on the front whereas the 180 has 283mm as fitted to the 306GTi-6.

The rears are the same at 248mm

The front suspension geometery has changed on the 180 only. Where the caster has been increased from 2.5 degrees to 5 degrees.

At the rear, the beam from the 206SW had been fitted.. This beam has lateral support struts that reduce the trailing arm horizontal movement when cornering..

Thats about it..
For as long as but one hundred of us remain alive, we will never on any
condition submit to the domination of the English.
It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we fight, but for freedom
alone, which no good man gives up except with his life. Arbroath 1320

teddy206 GTi

Post by teddy206 GTi »

Gearbox is different on the 180 - ratio wise that is.
It's got a really long first gear.

Front suspension has much shorter springs and the spring seat is further up the damper isn't it??

Zhan

Post by Zhan »

yes buy a 306 GTI-6 engine with 6 gearbox it can be fitted with some modifications or buy T16 from 405 the bouth engine are great and then u can have alot of tuning with them

i have a 1.6 16 V 206 HB with coustom Full Exhaust super chip and cams induction kit and i have 145 HP the standart 1.6 16 v has 107.8 HP on dyno i have also a dyno test if u re interested but i must finde it first so dont belive everything they told u :) and that coust around 4500-5000 EUR so it isnt cheap

here is some stuff for 1.6 16v engine

http://www.cartv.org/Merchant2/merchant ... 206-ENGINE

and here is SPEC for GTI-6 engine

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/ ... /?id=29216

now i have a 2.0 206 cc and i m waiting for one of the engine T16 or Gti-6
( but buy Gti 6 engine, because the engine 1.6 and 2.0 from pug are not so good )

i hope that u will have alot of fun tuning ur car

and sorry for my english :)

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

hi Zhan,

Welcome aboard :D

looks like ya know ya stuff and don't worry about ya english, much better than my Slovenian.
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

teddy206 GTi

Post by teddy206 GTi »

and here is SPEC for GTI-6 engine
now i have a 2.0 206 cc and i m waiting for one of the engine T16 or Gti-6
( but buy Gti 6 engine, because the engine 1.6 and 2.0 from pug are not so good )

i
Are you saying the normal 2.0 litre engine isn't a good one???
The only thing wrong with it is that fewer people have any real experience of tuning it. Those that have played with it have managed to get very good power from it - usable power too.
The GTi-6 engine has been around for a long time so there's loads of experience of it. That's why the rally team uses the old engine- it's alot cheaper to use it than develop a whole load of new tuning gear for the EW range.

Also the 1.6 engine is also very good. Very tunable with loads of tuning bits available from Peugeot Sport.

PS. if anybody wants decent tuning stuff try Peugeot Sport in france. They have loads of options - all homolagated for motorsport and will bolt onto a standard car. They are also cheaper than UK peugeot sport!!!!

Zhan

Post by Zhan »

ask anyone from pug on service or sombody else and they will explane u
why 206 isnt good 2.0 and 1.6 engine it just isnt

yes it is true that there is a lot of tuning parts but if u want a realy HP u must change almost all inside the engine and alot of other parts.
SO IT ISNT 2.0 OR 1.6 ANYMOORE

beside the gear box is a pice of shit sorry but it is truth
the suspencion OF 206 IS NOT SO GOOD (GTI)

and the engine cant stand a lot of power

1.6 have a electical throttle and at starts the HATCH STAY CLOSED 20 % SO THAT ISNT SO GOOD (BAD CONTROLE OF THROTTLE AT CORNERS ON THE TRACK)

the map sensor on Inlet manifold isnt good if u prgramed a computer for higher RPM u will get a lot of oil in inlet and map sensor wont be work propetly the car wont running smoothly (IF U DRIVE ON 7000 RPM)

ALSO HAVE PROBLEM TO INSTAL THE TURBO (MAP SENSOR)

and if u dont have ESP if u break in the corner ur ass will goo i dont kno where

The GTI model have exhaust manifold :) but u have to replace it from about 70.000 KM because now i dont know how to explane something is inside manifold AND THE PIPES ARE NOT ROUND they re rectangular they must be round

that is some things i know about and some others i cant explane in english cuz it aint wery good

AND I HAVE TASTED ON MY SKIN ALL THAT
SO I LIKE 206 VERRY MUCH HOW IT LOOKS BUT ...

AND I JUST WANNA SAY THAT THE gti-6 AND t16 ARE BETTER THAN 206 2.0 AND 1.6 16V
AND THAT THE ENGINE FROM 206 ISNT WERY GOOD FOR TUNNING AND RACE FOR NORMAL USE IS (JUST GEARBOX ISNT :) )

Zhan

Post by Zhan »

AND THX Lyndon for invitation

teddy206 GTi

Post by teddy206 GTi »

Hmmm...

Suspension isn't perfect on the 206 GTi but that's the fun in making it good!!
As for changing the exhaust manifold, again this is often part of tuning any engine.

The gearbox design on any 206 is just the same as any peugeot!

Koler48

Re:

Post by Koler48 »

paul_y3k wrote:apparently it's not possible .. the engine is slightly larger but the main problem is it needs a much larger radiator and that just doesnt fit.
you'd also need to uprate brakes / suspension etc
All possible, i do it.

gazza82

Re: GTI 180 Conversion

Post by gazza82 »

Have you read the date on the original posts?

Torque steer on a 138bhp engine is bad enough ... shudder to think hoe 180bhp would handle ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo