quick shift

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
wtfcmatty

quick shift

Post by wtfcmatty »

Hi looking into short shift kits for my cc as the throw forwards and backwards is massive . I wondered what people had gone fo in the past
Thanks
Matt

GrandadMonkey

Re: quick shift

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I don't recall anyone ever having reported using one on this forum.

The modders tend to use the hatchback forum.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

nacho

Post by nacho »

I just made a "How to" reply using the oem shifter...

nacho

Post by nacho »

Who eve a sent it to... please copy it here below...
If not with more time I ll right it down again...

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

206info.co.uk is likely to have something .. they "tune" their 206s more that we tend to ..
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

nacho

Post by nacho »

Ok... Here I go again...

Sorry for my rusty english and misspelling

To make a short shifter with your own "OEM" shifter is REALLY EASY. The distance from 2nd to 4th for example, will be 9cm instead of 14cm.

1) Remove the shifter: This is the most "difficult" part. Unbolt it from the inside of the car and then remove it from below. I'll have to remove the heat shield of the exhaust first.

2) Dismantle (?) the stick from the shifter system: Quite easy but don't forget to first remove the small plastics from the tube at the bottom of the stick.

3) Boil, yes, boil the stick of the shifter in water, to heat up the plastic ball.

4) Inmediatly after, using twizzers and a hammer, hammer the ball towards the top the stick, up to the bend of the stick shifter.

5) Remove from the square plastic of the that holds the ball the stick shifter(when its all set up), the 4 screws (this part its a bit tricky) and then, put them back again upside down.

6)Put everything back together.

7) Last, easy but tricky part. Screw the shifter from the INSIDE of the vehicule (not fron below as you did to remove it) This is because what you have lowered of the stick ball, it is recovered from the shifter location.

8) ENJOY. (It should have come like this in the first place!)