Engine Mods for 206 1.6 GLX

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
dark_master96

Engine Mods for 206 1.6 GLX

Post by dark_master96 »

hey guys ,

New here :) , the only thing is there isn't may people online :( , ok so here is my question , does anyone know of any low cost engine mods for a 206 glx , i looked at putting a turbo on in the future when i have a bit more money but i would only gain 20BHP , so that a standard 90BHP STOCK 206 GLX petrol + TURBO = 110BHP 206 GLX 1.6 there is only an 8 MPH difference ! is there anything else i can do to make it be a bit more snappy , responding and pull strong ?

Many thanks
Drew :)

gazza82

Re: Engine Mods for 206 1.6 GLX

Post by gazza82 »

Try 206info.co.uk ... they are more into tuning than here ... ;)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

InlovewithCC

Post by InlovewithCC »

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and wishing everyone a good day so far.
My 206 CC is my second car but first official one really as I had a Nissan micra 1.0 03 as a learner and used for 9 months. Iv always liked the 206's but thought why not go for the CC as everyone says it's very me.
Cut the story short I now own a allure 03 1.6. The petrol is approximately £43 to fill up and £20 have way. I drive between London and Essex and take approximately 1/3 times a week and the PAYROLL is killing me. I asked the person who sold it to me ( a car buyer) if we can change the engine size to the smallest we can go so I can save on petrol. He called couple of his garage guys which one said it's possible to change to max 1.4 the other said it's not possible.

My question is has anyone managed to change the engine smaller or can advise if this possible. I REALLY LOVE MY CC and would hate to think I'll have to give it because the petrol is not feasible for me.
PLS HELP :(

Love from
Olivia X

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You wouldn't find enough of a saving to make it worthwhile.
Have a look here http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/f ... ing-costs/ and you will see about a 2 mpg difference between 1.4 & 1.6 (The CC never had the 1.4, so these figures are for the hatch back but it will give you an idea)

You will also find your insurance will increase quite a bit as it will be classed as a mod.Take this and the cost of the conversion into account and it's just not worth it (plus you will devalue car)

Real world you should get about 38-40 mpg av (manual) depending on driving style.
You may be better selling it and buying a diesel version although these are quite rare.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

iooiuk

Post by iooiuk »

InlovewithCC wrote:Hi All,
Iv always liked the 206's but thought why not go for the CC as everyone says it's very me.

Love from
Olivia X

Small engines can actually cost more to run in certain cars as they have to work a lot harder to heal the weight around.
TBH. If you are looking at saving £££. Then what about a 307CC, but a (smokey joe) diesel. Which return better MPG, but cost will depend on how price compares to petrol.
Using Fuelly my costs on the 2 cars in the house are:
Kia Picanto £0.119 Avg Price/Mile over 6K miles (From new 2015) Daughters car
206 CC £0.141 Avg Price/Mile over 9K miles (2004, had since May 2015)
We both work at the same place but different hours so cannot car share. Commuting through city center.

Cost savings can be had but you need to learn how to drive to save money. Light touch, read the road ahead to stay of the brakes, try to avoid peak time's on the roads. You you have less stop start driving. :thumbs:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

iooiuk wrote:
InlovewithCC wrote:Hi All,
Iv always liked the 206's but thought why not go for the CC as everyone says it's very me.

Love from
Olivia X

Small engines can actually cost more to run in certain cars as they have to work a lot harder to heal the weight around.
TBH. If you are looking at saving £££. Then what about a 307CC, but a (smokey joe) diesel. Which return better MPG, but cost will depend on how price compares to petrol.
Using Fuelly my costs on the 2 cars in the house are:
Kia Picanto £0.119 Avg Price/Mile over 6K miles (From new 2015) Daughters car
206 CC £0.141 Avg Price/Mile over 9K miles (2004, had since May 2015)
We both work at the same place but different hours so cannot car share. Commuting through city center.

Cost savings can be had but you need to learn how to drive to save money. Light touch, read the road ahead to stay of the brakes, try to avoid peak time's on the roads. You you have less stop start driving. :thumbs:
Is yours 2.0 or 1.6 giving that mpg figure? Is that mainly town driving?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

iooiuk

Post by iooiuk »

1.6 (now got 36K on the clocks) Pretty much mostly city driving, 20 mile each way commute. Best mpg included a 100 mile m-way blast to Sheffield. But given I live on the edge of the dales. There is a fair bit on up hill and down dale driving.

I'm very please with the CC as its giving me the same MPG as my old Chevvy Aveo 1.2 over the same routes.