Cental Locking

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
Paul Wilcockson

Post by Paul Wilcockson »

Hi,
I have recently purchased a 2003 1.6 206cc and have central locking, but the boot does not open with the key fob and I have to manually open it with the key. My local Peugeot dealer here in Sydney has informed me that this is correct and is a safety feature (don't know what they mean there!) Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Paul

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

They are telling you the truth, that is how they are designed to work. I'd have used the words "security feature" but I understand what they mean when they say safety. When you pull up at the traffic lights, no-one can open your boot and steal the contents, unless you've left it manually unlocked that is!

Welcome to the forum Paul.

And a Happy New Year,

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Piyas

Re: Cental Locking

Post by Piyas »

my problem is different, my 2005 cc boot reacts to the remote. unfortunately locking the doors unlock the boot, when boot is lock...locking the doors still unlocks the boot.

so what ever you do to the doors or whatever you press on the key unlock...the boot unlocks, but not locks when doors or lock remote is pressed. :o
206cc 1.6 16V Petrol
Al4 Transmission

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Someone's been mucking about with the electrics by the sound of it, and modified it wrong.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Skezza

Post by Skezza »

Yeah, there's a tutorial i've noticed for unlocking the boot on the remote. I'm guessing they've perhaps had a crack at that and ballsed it up?