Exhaust

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
mello_yello_424

Post by mello_yello_424 »

Well...My wife has had this car since October and I seem to be constantly searching forums to find answers to my problems.

Today the middle section of the exhaust is broke and looking at it, its the section with the cat. After reading around I see that some garages will cut the pipe and replace from the cat back. Can anyone recommend somewhere that will do this in the south wales area, preferably Swansea and can you give me an idea of price?

As a guide I phoned quick fit and was told that there are different types of exhaust for this car and i would need to take it to them for them to know which it was...Is this correct?
206cc 2.0i (Wifes)
Mazda 6 TS2 2.0i (Mine)

mello_yello_424

Post by mello_yello_424 »

Thought i'd give you an update on this...

Took the car in to my local garage and he made a few phone calls and told me he could replace from the cat to the back box for £139!!

Anyways got in touch with Longlife exhausts in Caerphilly and got the same section custom built in Stainless with a transferrable lifetime guarantee...£159 ->Bargain!
206cc 2.0i (Wifes)
Mazda 6 TS2 2.0i (Mine)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Brilliant result!
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Monstaswifey

Post by Monstaswifey »

I need a new exhaust but in Market Harborough there is only Kwik Fit who have quoted £185 and I need a bargain - anyone have any ideas as online the cheapest I can find fitted is £315 - OUCH!!!

Any suggestions very very welcome - thank you all x
Monstaswifey ;-)

Moonstone Black 206cc called Chav-La
Black n red leather interior

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I'd give Paul or Phil a ring at ETC on Albert Road 01858 463206. I've never had a bad deal from them yet. Tell them Ron Palfrey from Kibworth recommended them. ETC formerly traded as Keith Lee who had an excellent reputation. I use ETC for tyres and batteries too. Local taxi firms use them too so they are good value.

Also worth asking Formula 1 at Viking Road, Wigston for a quote too. Their no. is 0116 288 4877.

I've not used either of these for our 206cc as we haven't needed an exhaust or tyres for it yet, but I've used both for various cars from Corsas to Mercedes.

I'm sure that both will quote you for a stainless steel system too if you want to consider it.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

rugroba

Re: Exhaust

Post by rugroba »

we had a quote from kwikfit £415 so found 1 in leeds tonybanks exhausts he cut exhaust after cat and fit mid and back box in stainless for £195 it looks amazing recommended *****

gazza82

Re: Exhaust

Post by gazza82 »

I've never used Kwikfit for anything since they couldn't get my Alfa 75 exhaust to stay together that they had fitted... and after three attempts they were going to get the welding kit out ... but as the join was next to a fuel tank I declined their offer in no uncertain terms ... :hmm:

I drove out to an independent exhaust place who simply fitted the correct clamp .. :facepalm:

Never crossed the forecourt of Kr*pfit again and never will ... they aren't cheap either ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo