can you get a strut brace for 206 cc

Exhausts, Air filters and the like.......
P50CKY

Post by P50CKY »

hi all can you get a strut brace for a 2.0 litre 52 plate. If so where from and how much, can you use gti parts? Is it the same engine layout? Also looking to upgrade all hoses etc and im looking for the samco style but i want a full engine kit. Any ideas where to get the kit from or anyone willing to make me a kit up? thanks.
They've taken everything that i've had to give and, They say its over man but i'm still here livin', I don't no what to do, I think that maybe, I'm in over my head.......

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

yeah think you should be able to get a strut brace, almost sure that one made for a gti should fit :)

dunno about the hoses tho :(
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

teddy206 GTi

Post by teddy206 GTi »

Samco do hoses, just a 2 hose kit which replaces the 2 big ones from block/thermostat housing to the radiator. About £60 they are.

You can get strut braces for the 206 and CC. Momo did some that didn't require the car to be drilled but they have stopped producing them now.
Sparco do a dairly decent one. As far as I know all braces for the 206 need the car drilling to fit it. Drilling the air scoop though mean you have a more rigid brace - i.e. the brace goes direct from strut to strut meaning there are no bend in the bar that are more likely to flex.
Last edited by teddy206 GTi on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver_v

Post by silver_v »

as above, you can get a strut brace but from what I have seen you have to cut through the air scoop.

Applecross

Re: can you get a strut brace for 206 cc

Post by Applecross »

Interested in the strut brace. I'm thinking of getting one. Has anyone fitted one and if so did it make a lot of difference?