Undercarriage protector

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
Couhullainn

Undercarriage protector

Post by Couhullainn »

Hi,

With the 206cc I guess we would all know that there is no undercarriage cover for the entire underside of the car itself.

Is there such a thing for these cars and if not how could one go and actually fit one?

gazza82

Re: Undercarriage protector

Post by gazza82 »

There is a engine shield but nothing else apart from wheel arches
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

Hi Gazza,

Thanks, i'm guessing the engine shield comes from factory?

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Ours never had an engine under-shield.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

So they dont come with one?

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Haynes Manual 4613 for the Peugeot 206 2002-2006 makes mention of one on Page 1A-6 Section 3.3 which covers the maintenance of petrol models.

The section deals with draining the oil through the sump drain plug. It states " Undo the screws and remove the engine undershield - where fitted ".

By implication this indicates that some models may have had an undershield fitted. However I can state categorically that our 05 reg 2005 206cc 1.6 petrol Allure did not have one fitted - ever.

That's the best I can say from my own experience.
Ron

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

The question was 'is there such a thing?' which I took as meaning can you get one? ... none of our 206s had one either but they are listed on Servicebox along with fittings and the holes for the screw fittings are there. I doesn't cover the whole floorpan just under the engine and gearbox.

Question I have is why do you want one?
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Struggling to find it on servicebox now .. I know it was on there but it isn't always that logical when searching for parts ...

so fleabay might be an option ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-2 ... 0970482025

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

Well this is the thing, the 2002 2.0 is the model i have. Call it caution but i am doing a full breakdown and clean and once done want to keep her good and so any form of protection is good. Shes the moonstone color but i was thinking of repainting her to the 1.6 Black and red too. Thoughts?

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Our 2001 didn't have an undertray but then even when cars do they often get 'lost' during servicing!

My Alfa had one until I had to reverse in snow ... then I had a snow-plough which lasted about 10 seconds in that mode! That car then got an alloy one and my sump was saved on at least two occasions because of it. They do also keep the engine compartment clean and probably reduce wind-drag by a small amount. But for me they help save engines ... as when you hear scaping, it's not an alloy sump!!

Your car but I'd keep it moonstone ...

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

Hi Gazza,

You seem to know a lot and your very helpful, a good asset to the community.

Do you know anything about the 2002 206cc SE (which my car is). I think SE is special edition but cant be sure.

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

Hi GrandadMonkey,

Do you know where I can get this manual preferably at no cost to myself? :)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Couhullainn wrote:Hi Gazza,

You seem to know a lot and your very helpful, a good asset to the community.
You haven't had a 206 long have you .. you soon become an expert unless you have deep pockets!!

I was considering fitting an undertray to my daughters CC .. but one of those things on the list that never quite made it to the top .. spent too many weekends fixing other stuff to clear the list to start on improvements. When it started to get too expensive (in 2016 replaced driveshaft, rear axle, two tyres, found lots of leaks, constantly glowing management light, clonks, squeaks and more clonks, etc) it was time to call it a day .. P/X'd for a '10 MINI convertible.
Couhullainn wrote:Do you know anything about the 2002 206cc SE (which my car is). I think SE is special edition but cant be sure.
Think it was just a trim level .. possibly the highest ... although there were still options for cloth and leather seats. My daughter's old Cayman Green 2001 was an SE, but cloth seats.

You unlikely to get a freebie Haynes (and they aren't usually scanned in as a PDF) .. you can download the Handbook from this site if you haven't got one. But fleabay might get a cheaper bargain, or some of the other Peugeot forums often have for sale sections. Take care though, there are TWO Haynes for the 206. The BLACK covered version 4613 is the one you want. Can't sell mine as we still have the dreaded 1.4HDi!

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

Hi Gazza,

This is my third 206. Its the first cc.

Previous cars were the 1.4 5 door 206 Sport and the lovely can 3 door 1.1 Verve :)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Couhullainn wrote:Hi GrandadMonkey,

Do you know where I can get this manual preferably at no cost to myself? :)
I bought mine off an eBay seller, new for about £13

Secondhand ones are on there for about £6 or £7.
Ron