Newbie Here!

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
JonathanWeigall

Newbie Here!

Post by JonathanWeigall »

Hi Guys, :wave:

So I Passed my Driving Test 2 Weeks ago and then bought a Blue 206cc (2001/Y Reg). :excite:

I am going to be using this car every day for work, however I would like to gradually make alterations, specifically to the interior; things like comfort, sound, appearance & lighting. :)

Can anyone give me some inspiration on cool, not to time-consuming and fairly inexpensive mods and styling ideas? I would like to start off basic and work my way up. (Pictures would be great!) :thumbs:

Finally could you warn me about any mods that I SHOULD NOT DO, so I don't break my baby. :no:

P.S. As I am new not just to 206 but to the whole world of driving, please could you explain anything as clear as possible. :oops:

:love-thx:

GrandadMonkey

Re: Newbie Here!

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Welcome to the forum Jonathan. Our car is bog standard after 9 years of ownership, and hardly ever goes wrong. A puncture, the odd bulb and a reversing light switch - that's all.

If it ain't broke don't fix it - that's my motto!
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Hi Jonathan. I'm guessing you're a young driver? (and paying crippling insurance costs)
Just be aware that any mods have to be declared to your insurance, and I mean everything-whether is peformance enhancing or cosmetic such as wheels, or a bodykit.
Also, beware that whatever you do may have an effect on the resale value, or saleability in the future.
Most CC's seem to be bought by females and I'm not sure they would like a 6" tailpipe that you can hear 2 miles away! So I would keep any mods subtle.
Lastly, mods are a personal thing, so have a google for the type of *look* you are hoping to achieve, any car will do, and see if you can use the styling on the 'CC
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

What's the service history like and when was the cambelt changed? Persinally I'd learn how to do the basic service tasks like oil changes, and go from there. Get it reliable before you think about customising it. There's nothing worse than being stuck at the side of the road with a car that looks like you've spent a fortune on ...

Enjoy ... And make sure you regularly put the roof down and up!!

;-)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

I was just going to say what Capncol said about insurance.
The chrome style rear lens look good. Other than that I would keep as is.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

I got an update notice for this post. But it hasn't.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I deleted a spammer.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.