Removal of F&R Bumper Black Trim

Bodykits, alloy bits'n'pieces etc etc
B13CEE

Removal of F&R Bumper Black Trim

Post by B13CEE »

Hello All,

I'm trying to find out as much info for the removal of the front and rear bumper black trim.

My Mums 2.0 cc is going good she's happy with it for now and I've always thought that it needs colour coding to finish it off so I'm confident on the door mould trims and rear quarter trims prising them apart not too fussed if any clips break as replacements aren't end of the world to pay for just want to know mainly for the front and rear bumper trims for removal as I would spray these myself (D.I.Y Sprayer) at work in my own time so that the car is still useable as I've been too a few places and all have quoted the £150-200 pound mark for 6 trim parts is quite excessive.

I haven't seen any tutorials or guidance references whilst browsing the site? If there is any can someone point me to it :thumbs:

Hopefully the before and after shots I've found via the web will show what I mean
(Neither of these 2 cars are my mums car but hers is also a KMF Aegean Blue).

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Personal Car = Citroen C4 Coupe 1.6 Petrol VTR+
Here For, My Mum's = Peugeot 206cc 2.0 Petrol

Capncol

Re: Removal of F&R Bumper Black Trim

Post by Capncol »

Remove the 3 or 4 bolts in the top and bumper trim pulls off.
You will more than likely break the side trim if you prize it off. pull out the ends furthest from the door shut then slide them towards the door shut to remove.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

GrandadMonkey

Re: Removal of F&R Bumper Black Trim

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Just don't spoil it for your Mum...

I'd hate it if one of my offspring "improved" my car :mad:
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)