RUST

Hint'n'tips plus products
lyndelou212

RUST

Post by lyndelou212 »

Hello there

I am hoping to purchase a Peugeot 206cc hopefully in blue soon. However, I have taken a look at an 05 and an 06 plate and they were both rusty near the back window bottom left corner, where the boot joins. Is this normal for these cars?. I don't want to purchase one with rust and it never seems to go away, even if treated. Thank you.

Rivis

Re: RUST

Post by Rivis »

Hi there, I'm no expert on the CC, only just bought my first one three weeks ago. However I did look at a few when buying mine and didn't notice any that were rusty in that place. I would walk away from those you mention - they sound like potential trouble to me. There are plenty out there right now :thumbs:
John
Silver 206cc Allure HDi 1.6 [2006]

lyndelou212

Post by lyndelou212 »

Thank you for your reply John, much appreciated.
I have only looked at 2 so far, so probably quite a few to go until I get the perfect one for me. It's worth the wait though. As you say, there are plenty out there to choose from.

rfman

Post by rfman »

IMGP7840.JPG
IMGP7840.JPG
IMGP7840.JPG
I looked at three on the same night as I bought mine, and all had rust in the same place at the corners of the boot. It would be more important to check for rust/holes behind the o/s strut at the bulkhead where the heater intake is. This is a difficult place to repair and will need the dashboard removed to repair properly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Couhullainn

Post by Couhullainn »

If the rust is on the exterior (i.e. body and paint) then I would avoid as you would have a whole cleaning, sanding re-painting process to go through.

If the rust is on the undercarriage and nuts and internal joints then this is easy to clean and re-apply protection on.

Use lemon juice on the rust and leave for two hours, then scrub off the rust with the lemon skin and clean off any remaining with a metal scourer (one for the dishes will do). The apply your protective cover :)