Where do i find the wheel wrench?

Hint'n'tips plus products
clive05

Post by clive05 »

Hi.I have got a full sized spare wheel in my boot,and was thinking about what i need to change a wheel,when out and about if i had a blow-out etc. :popping:
I have found the car jack in with the foam tyre filler packet thing,but no wheel wrench to get the nuts off the wheels.
Is it buried somewhere in the boot? or do i have to search the internet for a 206cc wheel wrench?:sleep:
Thanks for any advice again,
Clive.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hello Clive,
Best to think ahead and be prepared. Glad you're not leaving it until you have a puncture on a dark rainy night before you try to find out where things are!
Wheel brace is fitted to the lining of the boot on the rear right side.
Open the boot, lean in and look down and towards the rear of the car. To the right of the boot catch there is a slot cut out of the metal and the wheel brace should be visible in there.
A tip ...... Make a note of your locking wheel nut removal tool code number too. Then if you lose it you can order another with no difficulty.
Regards, Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

GrandadMonkey wrote:Hello Clive,
Best to think ahead and be prepared. Glad you're not leaving it until you have a puncture on a dark rainy night before you try to find out where things are!
Wheel brace is fitted to the lining of the boot on the rear right side.
Open the boot, lean in and look down and towards the rear of the car. To the right of the boot catch there is a slot cut out of the metal and the wheel brace should be visible in there.
A tip ...... Make a note of your locking wheel nut removal tool code number too. Then if you lose it you can order another with no difficulty.
Regards, Ron
Ohhh I guess this is what I am missing, this unlocking wheel nut tool, where on earth do I start to find a replacement?

2001 Y reg 2.0 :question:
:o :thumbs:

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Peugeot garage, but it is best if you have the code. Wheel nut key should be in the polystyrene case in the boot.
Ron

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

GrandadMonkey wrote:Peugeot garage, but it is best if you have the code. Wheel nut key should be in the polystyrene case in the boot.
But then again I have had a friend look, they said I havent got a lock nut, just 4 normal wheel nuts

I'm confuuuuseeddd..
To be honest I'm currently scooting around in my second car, really cant be bothered with the 206cc anymore :/ :D :thumbs:

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I take it your friend took the plastic wheel nut caps off to look?

Make sure you can get the wheel off now. Don't wait for a wet, cold windy night!

What's your other car?
Ron

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

GrandadMonkey wrote:I take it your friend took the plastic wheel nut caps off to look?

Make sure you can get the wheel off now. Don't wait for a wet, cold windy night!

What's your other car?
Indeedy, no plastic caps, just 4 rusty bolts :| It's in the garage so out of sight out of mind :D
2002 Yellow Renault Megane Coupe :thumbs: