passenger seat stuck

hints'n'tip plus products.
snelly

Post by snelly »

ok so one day i was out with friends we went for a ride one friend was sitting in the back and when we finished we moved the seeat forward so he could get out but when we moved it back it stucked and we couldnt get it up anymore
my dad is an automechanic so he kinda fixed it but not really now it stays up but when u lean to much it falls thru
does anybody has an idea whats goin on or how to fix it did anyone had the same problem
its really annoying cuz now when somebody wants to sit in the back i gotta get out of the carand lift my seat :mfight:

Dan

Post by Dan »

The passenger seat is one of the biggest mysteries of the 206!

Mine did some strange things, quite similar to your problem, I fiddled with it for 10 minutes before it eventually popped back into place.

Maybe something in the seat adjust lever is loose, as a few days after mine played up the lever came off completely and I had to get it fixed. works perfectly now.

Toxicblue

Re: passenger seat stuck

Post by Toxicblue »

I own a peugeot 206 HDI 2005, and my passenger seat is stuck forward after someone got out, the back and the seat wont recline back,I have taken the seat out and is on my living room floor, can anyone help with some advice on how to fix this problem out as the seats inside the car are rare,and are murder to fined.
I would much appreciate any advice.

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

Fitted new carpets into the back foot well some time ago. Slid the passenger seat totally forward for better access. Finish the job, but seat would not move back. Squeezed myself into the seat and used all my force - nothing! Got others to try, still nothing. Gave up, and went indoors to nurse aching feet, and have a cup of coffee. Hour later, got into car, started her up, but passenger's seat was in the way of gear selector. Lent over, pulled up the release bar and slid the seat back easily with one hand! Something to do with switching on the ignition, I suspect.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Seat and ignition are not connected .. just co-incidence ..
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Chunk12211

Post by Chunk12211 »

check the nuts and allen bolts in each corner of the runners the bolts can get jammed or you may find a random bolt in the foot well. I had the same problem with both of my gti seats,
Richard 2001 2.0 206cc