Rattles and Crackles.Any solutions?

All your roof problems here.
robbie44

Post by robbie44 »

DC-4 silicon clear grease works very well also, apply with brush and whipe with clean cloth, protects the seals/rubbers from dry cracks, also excellent for electrical connectors, corrosion prevention for the pins and sockets !

robbie44

Post by robbie44 »

mpoufos wrote:Does anyone have any ideas of how to fight those annoying noises coming from the roof while i drive? Do you have any product that you could suggest me ,to use and stop those crackles? Thanks in advance.
DC-4 clear Silicone grease works very well, also keeps the rubbers/seals from weather cracking. Apply with brush and whipe of with clean cloth, good for electrical connectors also, protects the pins and mating sockets from corrosion. Robby.

robbie44

Post by robbie44 »

robbie44 wrote:DC-4 silicon clear grease works very well also, apply with brush and wipe with clean cloth, protects the seals/rubbers from dry cracks, also excellent for electrical connectors, corrosion prevention for the pins and sockets !

Rabuto

Post by Rabuto »

Lyndon wrote:if it's the rubber seals then a silicon based spray such as autoglym rubber and vinyl car should sort them out :)

please do a forum search for more information :)
Hi Lyndon

Do you want to add my advice to sticky? http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=11432

Kerry

p.s. I have some of the High Vacuum Grease if anyone needs any.
Fear is just a feeling, fear cannot kill you!

Metz

Re: Rattles and Crackles.Any solutions?

Post by Metz »

After having the 206 for a few days i found the catches on mine to be the cause of the rattles . So I've coverd the clasps in a thin edging rubber. Like found on cable trys,,, and so far so good... Rattle free (ish) ,, prob won't last to long in summer when they get opened and closed lots. But in winter they should be fine,, Cheap 2 min fix :)

Skezza

Re: Rattles and Crackles.Any solutions?

Post by Skezza »

The roof doesn't creak on my gf's when it's up, but I've noticed a small creak from my side when it's down. It annoyed me at first, but I quickly ignored it. I'm guessing it's the rubber. I might blast a bit of silicone spray on it though.