Rattles and Crackles.Any solutions?

All your roof problems here.
reap

Post by reap »

peugeot brought this out after they relized the seals were noisy,they may well do it automatically now on the new cars,i dont know.but had my first 05 cc in today for a water leak :D
bloody things...

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

:( after 4 years in production and still the 206cc as water leaks :(
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

rmh

Post by rmh »

I have found a source of this GPL105 that Peugeot use, it is made by DuPont, and i have found a contact that can supplyit, and promised me he can do "considerably better price than Peugeot" and they do a chemically identical product that is not branded by DuPont that is cheaper still...

The products from this range are used by ord, Fiat,Peugeot Citroen, Renault and Toyota

Quote from marketing material:-

"It is ideal for applications on automotive interior trim and sealing systems where long life and excellent lubricity (a low coefficient of friction) are required. The product offers excellent "Anti-Squeak" performance, compatability with substrates and durability in use."

He is sending me details and costs, and can supply in similar size bottles/tubes so they would be suitable for individuals.

Is anyone interested in this as the best deal comes if we get together and order a job lot...if so PM or email me and i will get a quote

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

nice one m8 :thumbs:

please keep us informed of the out come :)

marcelnl

Post by marcelnl »

I am now trying bog standard spamspam variety silicone oil ( used for oiling stainless steel applyances) and that appears to do OK !
black 206 CC 2.0 (2001)
407 SX 2.0HDIf (2004)

Robmoon

Post by Robmoon »

I spoke to pug dealer Rootes of Maidstone, Kent and they quoted me £52 for the 30ml bottle of oil!!!!!! I have spoken with the uk distributors of the product Krytox and they do 2 versions of it, GPL105 is the oil version as sold by Peugeot and GPL205 which is a grease version of the oil. the tech guy told me that Ferrari use the stuff to cure leather creaks on their interiors.. anyway, the oil version they sell by quite a large size container which was well over £100 and would last for tens of years but he reckoned that the GPL205 grease version would be better when i explained what we needed it for. they sell a 2oz tube for £16 but they have a minimum order of £30 so i bought 2 tubes... you only have to apply the thinest of coats and let it dry for 10 mins or so and it bloody well works!!!!!!! maybe people can get together to split the cost and buy a tube each....go to www.gbrtech.co.uk for contact info etc.....

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

nice one m8 will make this topic a 'sticky' :)

reap

Post by reap »

told you it was expensive from us
and told you all it was bloody good fix
i sold the bottle i had for £20 at the weekend. :D
maybe able to get more if anyone interested.

marcelnl

Post by marcelnl »

told you it was expensive from us
and told you all it was bloody good fix
i sold the bottle i had for £20 at the weekend. :D
maybe able to get more if anyone interested.
found on the web that krytox is also used in the mountainbiking world, and in dive shops, so it should be possible to get it (though it is bloody expensive, some 33 US$ for a small tube)
Loctite also has a grease with a high PFPE content in it...(also expensive
black 206 CC 2.0 (2001)
407 SX 2.0HDIf (2004)

Louisg

Post by Louisg »

we use a special silcone goo in a small bottle,cost bout £35 a bottle.
maybe if i sent it somone we could have a goo pass round.
say mr x did his roof seals with it ,then he would pass it on to mrs p?
what you recon?
they only gonna get worse now the summers coming :D

the goo we use ,u apply a thin coat,leave to dry for bout 20mins,and thats it for life
it kinda eats into the rubber (not litraly)u know what i mean ,and leaves a lubricated none smear coating on the seals.wrxs very well if not pricey. :D
Reap,

You still willing to do this? Or are you just selling the stuff now as it seems a shame to buy a bottle if you only need to use it once.

Also can yu provide instructions of where to apply it and does it need to cover all rubber or just in the middle of it.

Louis
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=591]Owner 591[/url]

-------------------------------------------------------
Come on you Spurs!
-------------------------------------------------------

kate1987

Post by kate1987 »

Ive just took mine to peugeot because the left clip was rattling, they charged me £90 for the silicone, no difference though, just took it back in and they have quoted me £800 to have it repaired. Any suggestions on anything else to try.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hi Kate,

Don't know whether you'd noticed this thread:-

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/modules.p ... 6395#96395

but it would seem that someone else had a similar problem to yours and sorted it by tightening the offending catch themselves.

Hope it helps.

Good luck,

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

lexluga

Post by lexluga »

If anyones got some of this STUFF for sale, Please PM me as I would be very interested in purchasing from you. I dont see the point of buying a whole bottel for one time use! So if anyones bought one and have a bit left, please pm me. Thanks guys!

BIKEMADPERRY

Post by BIKEMADPERRY »

I first opened the roof. Then I used a little oil on the flat part where the roof meets the wind screen just near the clips. That worked for about 2 weeks. I guess its just something I'll need to keep doing. Perhaps in winter when the roof stays up I wont have to do it as often.

SAfrican Chica

Post by SAfrican Chica »

Will this stop leaks and creaking, or just the creaking?

I get leaks after I open my door & close it, if its been raining or if the car has just been washed. But while driving in the rain, no leaks, ugh.
2litre, 2002, Moonstone silver
French import to South Africa