Roof Problem - Parts needed

All your roof problems here.
Harald1974

Roof Problem - Parts needed

Post by Harald1974 »

Hello there ,

Newbie on the forum with first question .

We have a 2003 206 cc 1600 cc , which we bought new and still have .

We currently had a problem with the roof , that after opening , did not want to close again .
Beep Beep yes , but no more motor action .

I checked all microswitches and they are OK , but saw the rubber stop/bung , which is clipped on the metal bar in region of the piston for the rear parcel shelf ( left side of the boot , looking from behind ) , was broken and had fallen off .
Because of this , one of the microswitches was not activated as it should upon closing of the roof . I have activated this with a piece of cardboard wedged between and so was able to close the roof again .

Because the rubber bung is broken/sheared , I need a new one .
Does anybody here have a link to a supplier of this part , or alternatively a Peugeot part number .
Also , is there an official drawing available of all the components of the boot system .

Thank you , Harald

IanL

Re: Roof Problem - Parts needed

Post by IanL »

This is the extent of spares provision by Peugeot in the area I think relevant. It is not impressive. I don't know which parts are included in Item 10 - Repair kit, but if the part you need is not included, you would have to buy Item 1 at ruinous cost, no doubt, if it is still available, which I doubt.

An alternative would be to try car breakers.

If you know anyone with a 3D printer, that might possibly be another solution.

Harald1974

Post by Harald1974 »

Hi Ian ,
Many thanks for your help .

The rubber item I need is indeed shown in Item 10 .
It is the rubber part , which is shown as the second part seen from right to left in the frame of the drawing of Item 10 .
So I assume not available as a separate part , but as a kit .
If somebody knows if I can buy this separate ( through Peugeot or an Internet site or ebay ) , that would be more than helpful .
Kind regards Harald
Last edited by Harald1974 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IanL

Post by IanL »

The kit is no longer available from Peugeot, but a dealer could just have one left over.

Maybe it's this? https://www.ebay.ie/itm/195053228117 I translated the page and it seems relevant, and looks like the part which you identified in the drawing.