Pull cord

All your roof problems here.
mikemclaren

Pull cord

Post by mikemclaren »

Hi
Anyone got a picture of exactly what the pull cord for the roof release fixes to.
Many thanks
:)

IanL

Re: Pull cord

Post by IanL »

Closest I have found is at Para 1-4 here. The "tail" hanging down from near Item 17 is either the cord or an electrical connector.

There is also this video at http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12920. If you pause it at 5.56, you will see the pull cord going through the hole in the bright metal arm, but it does not show where the cord is anchored.

IanL

Post by IanL »

The other thing to say is that, after some date around 2002, Peugeot stopped fitting a pull cord, and the owners manual since that time tells you to put the allen key into the hole and push. No-one seems to know whether they altered the design of the gubbins behind the hole, so that a pull cord is no longer possible.

mikemclaren

Post by mikemclaren »

Hi
Thanks for the info.
Looking to where the cord might go against the instructions pull the cord I can’t get it to stack up. I didn’t realise some cars didn’t have a pull cord. Question answered. Thanks. :)

PowerFlower

Post by PowerFlower »

I have a 2002, but no pull cord... can't manually close my roof because of that parcel shelf not flipping down. (Need to refill the oil again, and then go hunt for a leak, because refilling it every two months gets a bit tedious.)

Will try the allen key through that hole. Wish me luck ;)