Pump Connections

All your roof problems here.
batso

Pump Connections

Post by batso »

Hi guys

I've just replaced the parcel shelf ram (the old one was leaking like a MF), now I have a problem with the parcel shelf not operating.

Roof will fold, but the boot lid remains open.

Possiblity 1 - The new ram is cr@p.

Possiblility 2 - I've connected the hydraulic pipes wrong way around.

So I can eliminate Possibility #2, can anyone please tell me which pump outlet goes to which ram inlet/outlet?

It was an interesting hour or so, with the shelf up, it wouldn't fold away even with the pump pressure valve open. Trying to pull out the ram with the shelf up and the roof folded, was a bit of a challenge. I'd rather confirm the inlet/outlets before i try that again.

batso

Re: Pump Connections

Post by batso »

All good, worked it all out.

The little lever that the roof trips when stowed, wasnt being pushed far enough to tell the system that it can proceed.

The cluster of zip ties and sh1t that I removed were obviously there for a reason!!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done for sorting it,
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Murf

Post by Murf »

I will have a look through the diagrams but where is the roof ‘fully retracted switch’. I am having the same drama. I can find the parcel shelf switch and the boot lid closing one so I guess that isn’t it.

Murf

Post by Murf »

Hi I will have a look through the diagrams but can you explain / point out which one the roof stowed switch is please? I’ve found the parcel shelf and boot close ones. I can’t seem to see the one you mean. I’m having the same issue. Thank you.

Murf

Post by Murf »

Ok I worked it out. The roof retracted switch is on the bottom of the parcel shelf hydraulic ram. Note that the little rubber device MUST be in place on the end of the arm for the micro switch to operate. If I can work out how to upload the pictures I will put them in here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.