Roof issues

All your roof problems here.
Kimmie

Roof issues

Post by Kimmie »

Hi everyone. Seems like i am not the only one with roof issues. Have looked through posts and cant see my fault there so thought i would post.
Ok here goes......upon operating the roof switch (after releasing front latches) the boot lid seems to raise as normal but then it stops at its most open and nothing else happens.

However by holding the switch and getting someone to put a small amount of downward pressure on the boot lid (moving it about 1 to 2 inches towards the closed position and holding it there) the roof will either open or close perfectly.

Anyone got any ideas?

All help or suggestion greatly received.

rhume

Re: Roof issues

Post by rhume »

Try lubricating all the joints on the boot. There will be a microswitch that is triggered when the boot is fully open. It seems your problem is in the boot not opening far enough to trigger this. Good job the switch is there because the roof itself might catch on the boot if it is not open enough.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

IanL

Re: Roof issues

Post by IanL »

Pushing the boot lid slightly closed suggests that the boot open switch (switch G here) requires adjustment. Worth a try.

You can get the lowdown on how it all operates here.