Roof issue

All your roof problems here.
p206

Roof issue

Post by p206 »

I'm having an issue with the roof again. The car hasn't been used for a few months, this morning I went and tried operating the roof. The pump engaged for a second, the boot attempted to lift, then suddenly everything stopped and since then I cant get it to work and only a beeping is heard when I press the button. I opened and closed the roof manually a few times. I checked most of the micro switches on the boot, there was a sticky one so I cleaned it and it started clicking back again, but this didn't solve the problem. All other switches seem to work fine....

IanL

Re: Roof issue

Post by IanL »

Check the pump. Is the pressure release fully tight? Is the fluid level correct?

rhume

Post by rhume »

Was the engine running when you tried this.? Is your battery in good condition. If it is anything like us it has been below freezing for the last week or so.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

p206

Post by p206 »

Well the engine wasn't running, but I jump started the car a day before, and since then I think the battery is good, it start turns and starts normally. The pump was the first thing I checked, everything looks alright there.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Attached to the pump is the "electro-mechanical valve". It can stick. I recall someone removed it, tested it by applying 12V, it appeared ok and, when replaced, the system worked. See the video at http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12920

Worth a try.