Roof not working properly

All your roof problems here.
p206

Roof not working properly

Post by p206 »

Hi, I have got a 206cc 2-liter, 2001. Everything was working fine, but today when i tried closing the roof, i heard the motor working, then the boot lifted up just a little bit and that was it. I then raised it manually, hoping that would fix the problem. But when I tried opening it electronically again, I heard the motor again, the boot opened the whole way but the roof itself didn't move. The motor is also making a weird sound, I can hear it having some hard time. Any help would be appreciated!

Capncol

Re: Roof not working properly

Post by Capncol »

Have you checked the hydraulic oil level and that the check valve is nipped up?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

p206

Post by p206 »

I haven't, how do I get to that valve?

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Search through the Roof section of this forum ... everything you need to check is there
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

p206

Post by p206 »

Okay so I checked the oil, it was low so I filled it up. The roof started working, but when its at the point where its already in the boot and the boot should go down, it simply doesn't... and I can hear the pump keeps running. When closing the roof however, everything works fine and the boot goes down.

IanL

Post by IanL »

See this video http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12920.

I can think of two possibilities:

The "Electrically Operated Valve" is sticky (time 2.35), and is not operating to lower the boot lid. Try removing it a giving it a clean,

Or the roof open contactor (time 6.10) is out of adjustment, or making poor contact.

p206

Post by p206 »

Thank you! Have you got any idea of where that roof open contactor is? I had a look around but couldn't quite find it.

IanL

Post by IanL »

p206

Post by p206 »

Well, I got the valve out, moved it by hand a bit, sprayed it with some cleaner, also sprayed contact cleaner on the switches I could find.. no effect so far.

IanL

Post by IanL »

When the roof is fully in the boot, are the contacts of Switch I closed?

p206

Post by p206 »

The problem is, I'm not sure if what I'm looking at is actually the switch I. I looked at the video and everything but I'm still confused about the exact location of that switch. Also on the video, before they show the switch, they say that the roof when going down trips a lever or something like that in the trunk area (05.44 in the video) . I opened the trunk and looked at where they showed in the video and I can't see anything there.

IanL

Post by IanL »

The lever at 05.44 makes the parcel shelf move into the normal position. If your parcel shelf is doing that, you don't need to worry about it.

The roof open switch is, I think on a unit with three switches, two of which relate to the parcel shelf. The unit is shown as 6894 below:

p206

Post by p206 »

Okay, so here's what I found.
(cant post images...)
So I found that unit with three switches and one of them is missing that metal bar/spring. Is it supposed ti be like that or that bar fell down and thats causing the problem?

p206

Post by p206 »

So after spraying all the switches I could see, The roof was able to open completely and the boot closed. But now theres a new issue- when closing the roof, it stops kinda halfway and a beeping is heard, and thata it. From there I can't move it anymore, whenever I try that beep is heard..

IanL

Post by IanL »

Is the parcel; shelf tipping before the beeping?