roof not working success

All your roof problems here.
muppet

roof not working success

Post by muppet »

hi,just thought i would leave a thankyou for Ianthelaugh who came up trumps for me with a post on oct 25 2016,which i came across today 09/09/18,which says if the car isn't used for awhile(in my case 2 weeks)it sort of loses it's memory where the roof is conserned.
after checking and testing switches for 3 days i came across this post,so took car for a run(sorn at the minute) and could'nt believe it the roof worked perfect.
This info is not written anywhere that i can see.

gazza82

Re: roof not working success

Post by gazza82 »

Odd .. ours was in my garage for over three weeks soon after we bought it while I sorted brakes , cam belt, exhaust and other bits ... never had a problem with the roof.

Don't condone breaking the law either .. if sorn'd it shouldn't go on road unless to a pre-booked mot ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

I highly doubt this theory. If the roof is either closed or open (i.e. not in-between) there is no reason for any memorised data. When the car is powered up, the roof ECU can ascertain the state of the roof from the various microswitches.

It is more likely that moving the car jolted a microswitch and caused it to move to the correct state.

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

While my CC 'forgets' many things (that it's gear linkage should stay a-bloody-tached to the shift assembly for example!) I've never heard of this before and it doesn't sound right to me. However, I'm glad that it worked for you and you have a fully operational roof once again! Now stop posting and go and drive with the roof down...WINTER IS COMING!!!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Off topic, slightly, but...
Rubyoptics wrote:While my CC 'forgets' many things (that it's gear linkage should stay a-bloody-tached to the shift assembly for example!).......
If you ever want to replace yours, I recommend you try an auto transmission one. I've driven both, and the auto is a far more enjoyable experience. You won't want to go back to the manual 206's lousy gearshift and ghastly clutch - quite the worst of any car I've driven, and that includes a Lada!

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

I must admit I haven't tried the auto but as we have an xc90 auto for the family car, I want to stay manual for my "toy". The shifting is much better with the heavy duty linkages and should be better Stoll after the short shifter gets fitted. I'll let you know though!
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Only problem I have with the manual is I find the pedals too close together
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.