Constant beeping

All your roof problems here.
yvonne mooney

Constant beeping

Post by yvonne mooney »

Can anyone please help me. I have a constant beeping. I have been having trouble with my roof. Been doing it manually for a while. Checked my white u clips. Windows go up and down and when trying to get the roof up, you can sometimes see the boot lid moving slightly, but thats it.
I've checked also the hydraulic fluid level and that seems fine.
Maybe its the microswitches, but I dont know where to start or how to reset them

yvonne mooney

Re: Constant beeping

Post by yvonne mooney »

Also my boot lid looks out of line

IanL

Post by IanL »

Is the pressure release on the pump fully tightened?

Under what conditions do you get the beeping:

ignition
engine running
car moving (what speed?)

yvonne mooney

Post by yvonne mooney »

The pressure release is fully turned but not over tight.
The car only beeps while the car is moving at any speed.
The boot lid looks like it is too far back as it is not flush with the lights and the gap between the bodywork and the lid seem a bit big

IanL

Post by IanL »

It sounds like the boot lid latches are not both engaging fully, and, rather than mucking around with them, one ought to ensure the boot lid is correctly fitted first. The boot lid is capable of being adjusted. The instructions and tolerances are given in the Peugeot Service Box Documentation. It is not something the average garage mechanic would necessarily wish to undertake, and if you go to someone inexperienced, you pay for his learning curve.

If you are anywhere near Telford, take it to http://frenchdiagnosticservices.com/peugeot-cabriolets.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

yvonne mooney wrote:Also my boot lid looks out of line
There is a connector for the boot latch wiring behind the boot lid liner. Ours came apart and bleeped at 5mph and over
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo