Default state of the microswitches

All your roof problems here.
vulgaris

Default state of the microswitches

Post by vulgaris »

Hey all,

i'm having trouble figuring out the following info: Should all the microswitches be de-pressed by default?(when the car is parked with the roof on the car and the trunk open?)

A few of the switches in my car seemed to be pressing the button in their default positions, and a few seemed to be installed so they click the button when they get triggered by the mechanism. I get the feeling this is the reason why my car is constantly beeping when my speed exceeds 5 mph. Its driving me crazy!

All the switches seemed to be de-pressed except for switches K and E (for reference to the location of K and E see the pinned post "LOCATION OF ROOF MICROSWITCHES") in this section of the forum. Im not allowed to post the link.

To make matters worse, i accidentally flipped the metal bracket of switch K out of the plastic microswitch and it fell deep down the abyss of the hydraulic system (and i dont mean the reachable part :/)

I'd love to know about these switches, if anyone can help, please do, i cant wait to make this beeping noise stop :!:

IanL

Re: Default state of the microswitches

Post by IanL »

Apart from A and B, the switches are all named with either an open or a closed function. My understanding is that the switch contacts are closed when the state is as the title. So "Retractable roof closed switch" will have the contacts closed when the roof is closed, but "Retractable roof open switch" will have contacts closed when the roof is fully open. I expect that, when neither switch is closed, the roof is neither closed nor fully open.

I think A and B have contacts closed when the catches are locked, so they should be called "Roof catch locked switch".

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Might be worth watching the roof video. There is a lot of info in it.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

vulgaris

Post by vulgaris »

Capncol wrote:Might be worth watching the roof video. There is a lot of info in it.
Yes, I have watched it many times the past few days haha. Anything to make this dreaded beeping go away. Although unfortunately I can't extract this information from it.

Easiest would be if a member of this forum with a working roof checks his/her switches. Do you by any chance have a 206 cc with a working roof where u can check if the switches are pressed or not?

vulgaris

Post by vulgaris »

IanL wrote:Apart from A and B, the switches are all named with either an open or a closed function. My understanding is that the switch contacts are closed when the state is as the title. So "Retractable roof closed switch" will have the contacts closed when the roof is closed, but "Retractable roof open switch" will have contacts closed when the roof is fully open. I expect that, when neither switch is closed, the roof is neither closed nor fully open.

I think A and B have contacts closed when the catches are locked, so they should be called "Roof catch locked switch".
Sounds plausible, although it would be very nice if someone in the forum with a cc with a working roof could check the switches in his or her car for me. Especially the trunk ones, because I can't seem to figure out the state of the switches. Let me know :)

vulgaris

Post by vulgaris »

Anybody got time and a CC with a working roof to double check this for me? Would help me out tremendously! Even the peugeot garages seem unable to help me with this :P

vulgaris

Post by vulgaris »

vulgaris wrote:Anybody got time and a CC with a working roof to double check this for me? Would help me out tremendously! Even the peugeot garages seem unable to help me with this :P
Anyone?

I've been trying to figure this out for a week, but noone seems to know, not even the peugeot dealer :O

If u got a 206 cc and 5 minutes to check, you could do me a biiiiiiig favor :)