Spring on microswitch fell off. Help

All your roof problems here.
vulgaris

Spring on microswitch fell off. Help

Post by vulgaris »

Oh my, this sucks! I was checking all the microswitches as my roof wasn't opening any more, and the one on the left Trunk cover hinge was not clicking (is it supposed to click with the trunk open and roof closed?).

I pried it a little tiny bit and it jumped off, fell into the abyss of the car's belly. I can't find it anywhere, it's probably somewhere between the hydraulic trunk shafts and the rear seats. Impossible to reach from the trunk, I tried taking away the fabric panels, but no luck finding it. Are these things easily bought online? Or is this a very specific part? See attachment for which part I'm talking about.

Thanks for the help!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capncol

Re: Spring on microswitch fell off. Help

Post by Capncol »

You need a complete micro switch. Those levers aren't available seperately
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

vulgaris

Post by vulgaris »

Alrighty, do you know where I could buy these online? Also, one of the other microswitches also lost its lever but I managed to reinstall the lever and it works again. So I wouldn't mind buying a broken switch just for the metal spring :)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Maybe somewhere like RS components??
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

vulgaris

Post by vulgaris »

Tough luck, can't seem to find them anywhere. The other option would be to try and extract this one from the pit it fell into, but I can't seem to reach this place from the trunk, so I guess I need to remove the rear seats to access this hole. Correct assumption?

It fell into the hole at the left side of the trunk, where the long hydraulic rod supporting the trunk cover leads into..